21 - Rest

Slowly fluttering open my eyes my vision was blurred by brown hair.

"Tanjirou?" My voice croaked and I felt his body jolt.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed, "you're awake!"

I rubbed my eyes and slowly looked around me, I was quick to realize Tanjirou had been carrying me on his back.

I gasped and leaned back. I fell onto the ground and saw the boy spin around immediately getting down onto my level. He held out his hand and pulled me up. He didn't let go of my hand and asked me a question:

"Y/N are you okay?!" He asked and I nodded refusing to make eye contact with him.

'Why the hell am I acting like this?!' I thought standing up again.

I looked down at my ankle which was bandaged. I internally thanked Tanjirou for treating it and began to limp forward. The brunette saw my struggle and ran towards me.

"Get on," He said and kneeled down putting his hands behind his back to pick me up.

I hesitated but slowly sat back down on his back, and he lifted me off the ground. My cheeks were on fire as he walked forward, and I think he could tell because he began to chuckle.

"You can put your arms around my neck if you like." He teased and I fluttered my eyelids before blushing.

I nodded and put my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. I could tell he was smiling.

'Why does Tanjirou make me feel this way?' I questioned myself but ignored the thought.

"Hey Y/N-" Tanjirou cut the silence and I hummed in response.

"You didn't hear anything yesterday, right?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I didn't." I said and he sighed.

"Why what was it?" I questioned but he shook his head and smiled.

"Nothing now isn't the time to bring it up." He replied and I frowned.

I wanted to know what he said now, I was curious.

"Y/N we are here!" Tanjirou said and put me down, but grabbed my wrist to help me walk.

I limped forward and I was met with a giant house. The wisteria crest printed on the large gate in front of the large house. Tanjirous crow flew down into his hands and began squawking at us.

"THE INJURED SHALL REST!"

The crow squawked and then flew off after repeating it a couple times.

Tanjirou stepped forward and knocked on the wooden gate. It slowly opened to reveal a tiny old woman.

"You are demon hunters, right? Please come in." She said bowing her head and moving aside allowing us to walk in.

I thanked her and walked forward but stopped when Zenitsu began screaming.

"SHES A MONSTER TANJIROU!" He whined and I furrowed my brows in anger.

"Don't be disrespectful!" I snapped and Tanjirou hit him in the head.

We followed the old lady and she showed the boys their room and pulled me away to another room. I looked behind at me at Tanjirou who was frowning and I frowned as well. She showed me my room which was mainly empty besides the big bed on the ground.

"This is your room, my dear." She said and I smiled stepping inside.

I set my stuff down and sat on the ground. I looked at the dirt under my nails and shuddered, I didn't like being dirty. Deciding it was time for a bath I got back up and walked out of my room looking around for the old lady.

She turned the corner with towels and a robe in her hand.

"Ah my dear, I was just about to show you to the bath. Come with me!" She said and I nodded following her down the halls.

She led me to a large room with a large public bath. She set down my things and walked away, telling me to call her if I needed anything.

I stripped down and stepped down into the bath. Looking down at my body I saw bruises and cuts littered all over my body; from the fights. Sighing I grabbed the shampoo she lent me and began to wash my short [h/c] hair.

I eventually finished cleaning my body and stepped out of the bath. I dried off and put on the robe the lady gave me. It was a bit big and hung off my shoulders but it was extremely comfortable. I stepped out of the bath drying my hair but stopped when I came back to face with the three boys.

They all stared at me for a minute and I started back.

"Hey y/n~!" Zenitsu broke the silence and I grinned.

"Hello!" I said and the boy went in for a hug but I dodged him.

I laughed as he whined and began to walk away but I was stopped by Tanjirou who grabbed my arm.

"W-Wait y/n!" The boy said and I turned around.

"I- Uhm. nevermind-!" He stuttered and I felt my face heat up.

We both awkwardly stood there but I lifted my hand to point behind me.

"I'll get going then!" I said and scratched the back of my head.

There was silence between everyone and Tanjirou nodded waving me off. I turned around and jogged away extremely embarrassed about what happened.. Wait, what did just happen?

——————

hellooo!! I hope u all enjoyed this chapter, sorry for not updating exams n stufff.

BUT i am finnally on break !! :-)

also, tanjirou is babie

daily panel, it just cracks me up lmao

🌸🦋🍨💕