29 - God of Fire

HELLO TYSM FOR 100K READS THATS INSANE WHDMAJSMSM THANK U ENJOY THE CHAP!!

"Give me your sister along with your partner. With that, I will spare your life."

My heart stopped at the words that came from his mouth, 'give us away?' Despite knowing Tanjirou a wave of anxiety spread throughout my body.

'I'm not his family, what if he gives me up to save Nezuko-'

The thought made me shudder.

Tanjirou noticed my growing anxiety and removed one of his arms which cradled Nezuko to wrap it around my shoulders, pulling me against his body.

"Don't expect that to happen, " he spat his grip on me tightening. "THESE GIRLS ARE NOT OBJECTS LIKE HELL THEY'D BECOME YOUR PLAYTHINGS."

I could feel just how sincere his remark was, allowing me to calm down a bit.

'what an idiot y/n, why would you even think that?'

I decided to ignore my thoughts, and I looked back over to the demon who was giving us a smug expression.

"You're connected by these unaided 'bonds,' but do not worry my bonds of fear are stronger than yours." He replied giving us a sly smile.

Tanjirou, who was angrier than before released his grip on me and grabbed his broken sword pointing it towards the boy.

"DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY WITH YOUR JOKES-" He snapped.

"Your bonds of fear are not genuine! If you never realize that you will never get what you want!"

Tanjirous hand was trembling with rage, veins popping out of his head. He stood up giving Nezuko to me as he began his tread forward.

I carefully took the girl into my arms as my eyes followed my partner.

"Could you not shout, it doesn't suit you." The demon mocked but Tanjirou ignored him.

"I will not let you have them," he growled and that's when the demon's smile grew wider than before.

"It doesn't matter ill kill you and take them, do you really think you can beat me-"

He paused moving his hair, revealing his covered eye.

"One of the twelve demon moons.."

————

My eyes widened as I stared at the younger boys' eyes.

'Twelve demon moon? So then that large demon at the creek wasn't-'

My thoughts were interrupted by a stinging pain around my neck. I moved my empty hand to grab at my neck, attempting to figure out what was cutting into my skin. Before I could manage my body flew forward and I was suddenly in front of the demon.

"NEZUKO, Y/N- LET THEM GO!" I heard Tanjirou scream but I couldn't focus on anything besides the strings cutting into my neck.

"Now I've taken them both-" he began pulling Nezuko into a headlock and pulling my arm behind my head.

"Do you understand your role don't now, don't you boy?" He questioned but Tanjirou didn't respond taking off towards us.