28 - Bonds?

After 20 minutes of not finding Tanjirou, I began to grow worried. While listening to the noises around me, I couldn't hear anything that could lead me to find my partner.

"Where is he.." I whispered to myself clenching my fist around the handle of my blade.

While running Tomioka suddenly stopped so I followed, halting my steps. He tightened his grip on his sword and I did the same pausing to look around us.

It was strange.

There was no wind. The trees around us were ominously still and our surrounding area was silent.

That's when I heard it.

"NEZUKO!"

I heard Tanjirous faint scream.

"TOMIOKA, I'M GOING ON AHEAD!" I shouted and watched the older boys' expression twist into confusion.

I didn't hesitate even as the other slayer yelled after me. I took off sprinting towards the direction of the scream.

-

Finally arriving at the scene I paused for only a moment to look around. Tanjirou was holding Nezuko's wrist, while she laid against a tree. Her body was covered in blood and her face was twisted into one of pain. Tanjirou looked frantic in worry, trying his best to heal her wounds.

It was heartbreaking.

I looked past them and saw a completely white demon, besides the red designs that littered his body. Behind him was the younger girl from earlier, who called upon the giant creature to attack us at the river. The one they called 'Dad.'

I didn't take time to think and immediately jumped at the male demon who stood in front of me.

"Breath of the blossom, third form:

killer petals."

I threw my blade back behind my head using all of my strength to strike the ground below me. The ground shook as a blast of wind and petals erupted from where my sword stabbed the dirt. The attack caught the demon off guard causing him to stagger and allowing my attack to hit him in the arm.

He jumped back looking down at his arm, which was barely affected, only his robe was cut.

"Who are you?"

His voice caught me off-guard and caused me to jump. The way he spoke was so ominous, all of his words were laced with venom. Just looking at this small demon made me uncomfortable, and by how he was barely hurt by my attack I could tell he was strong.

"Their bond." He began not giving me a chance to reply to his question. "They are siblings, their genuine bonds. I WANT THEM!"

The look on the boy's face was twisted into an abstract expression, that made the boy look borderline insane.

My body recoiled, shivers going down my spine.

'He wants them?' The mere thought made disgust pool in my stomach.

I went to go and attack once more but stopped when the older girl began to walk towards her brother.