🔘 Chapter 8: Looking Ahead

Jaysean's Pov

"Please" I hummed

"Please" I hummed.

"No," Leo said.

"I miss you baby" I sighed.

"Too bad. I have to spend all day at the company with my father. I just can't put that off, it's my job" he explained.

"I understand that but, we're supposed to be spending time together. I'm off work and the only thing keeping me going today was hopefully getting to see you" I told him.

My job was boring as hell and everyone was getting on my damn nerves today. I was so ready to bounce my happy ass up outta there.
I wanted to come home and hook up with my baby. After the rocky start we had yesterday I had to make it up to him. To show Leo that no matter what, I got him. Always.

"I'm sorry" he whispered and I could tell he felt bad.

"Nah don't feel bad it's cool. You got to work. Just hit me up when you done. I'll let you get back to it" I muttered.

He nodded before hanging up. Tossing my phone to the side I got up out my bed and went to my closet. I was bored as shit so, I was just gonna head out for some food. There was this old spot I used to go to all the time when I was in high school. They sold the best BBQ in all of Harlem. As I was getting ready, I took a couple of pics and sent them to my baby, just to show him what he would be missing.

When I pulled up to the restaurant, that bitch was packed. Going inside I order my food and sat at a table to eat. My phone was out as I was texting Leo. He was in a meeting with his dad and some clients. We were talking about the photos I sent him when I felt someone staring at me. They were damn near burning holes into the side of my head.

"Can I fucking help you?!?!" I snapped lifting up my head.

"I don't know, can you" Victoria laughed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I couldn't come back and not get the best food in town" she hummed taking the seat across from me.

"Did I say you could join me? I know I am fucked up 95% of the time but, I don't believe those words left my lips" I questioned.

"Nigga did I ask?" she retorted squinting her eyes at me.

"Man whatever" I grumbled smiling as my phone buzzed. Opening the message I saw it was a picture of Leo in nothing but, a towel. He must have taken it a while ago.

"So, who you texting?" Victoria asked.

"Nosy much" I scoffed typing out a quick reply.

"Now why you gotta be like that. I'm just trying to make conversation. I know it's been a while but, we used to be close. Really close if you remember correctly" she hummed checking me out.

"That was a long time ago. Shit has changed. My life didn't stop the moment you moved" I responded.

"Um I heard about your dad. I'm sorry" she murmured.

"Yeah" I breathed.

"He was cool. Everyone liked him" she whispered.

"Obviously not everyone. What you want from me Victoria? I'm glad that your finally who you want to be but, just like you changed so did I. We ain't kids anymore" I explained.

"I know that and I didn't come here expecting anything from you. I just wanted to reconnect with the first person who accepted me for who I was. My first love. You changed everything for me Jaysean" Victoria told me placing her hand on my lap.

"Yo forreal, I have someone," I said removing it.

"And what if I said that I don't care" she replied biting her lip.

"I care" I stated standing up.

"I came back here for many things, one of those being you. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon and maybe you'll change your mind. We have a long-ass history. One that couldn't even compare to what you think you have now. Remember that" she spoke getting up.

"We do have history but, our past doesn't have shit to do with my future. I don't know what you think was going to happen coming back after all this time but, this ain't it. Times passed, and like I said, I moved on. You should do the same. I don't have anything for you" I said.

"We'll see. You know what they say, you never forget your first. See you around" she murmured before walking away.

I watched her leave until my phone went off. Glancing down, I saw it was another picture from Leo and this one mind as well have erased all of Victoria and I's past. I was done looking back, my focus was on the future and I already knew who I wanted there with me.

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

Yeah, it's been a while but, Merry Christmas. I hope you all enjoyed the holidays. Consider this chapter my gift to you all. I have two weeks off from college so, I plan on doing some writing. What do you guys think of Jaysean in this chapter? I know a couple thought of him as being childish and I plan on working on his growth but, the boy is 19 going on 20. Next, is Leo and his family situation.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋