🔘 Chapter 21: Familial Confrontation

Lisa's Pov

The happiest days of my life were when my children were brought into this world

The happiest days of my life were when my children were brought into this world. Nothing compared to the feeling of holding them for the first time. I sometimes wish we could go back to the past. The years before the divorce and destruction of my marriage. Before one of my children turned there back on me.

I had to grow accustomed to the ache in my chest, the one that was due to my daughter. She was hurting. Unlike Leo, she wasn't strong enough to handle the mess the divorce caused. I never blamed her for her feelings. Both of my children were affected by something their parents caused. I was able to see this clearly as I watched my son glare at the man he was in love with.

"Stop staring at that boy like that" I hissed slapping his arm.

"Ow! Mom, why are you here?" Leo asked and I slapped his arm again.

"I raised you better than that. Watch how you speak to me" I said.

"Yes ma'am. I'm just surprised. Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?" my son asked.

"I'm the parent. I don't have to tell you anything. Why did I have to find out through your father that you are seeing a therapist? Or that you guys had broken up? Answer those questions first. I don't ask to know all your business but, these are things that I would expect you to tell me" I spoke crossing my arms.

"I know. I'm sorry" Leo murmured.

"Are you okay? You're not trying to hurt yourself right?" I asked struggling to keep the panic out of my voice. He was never the one I had to worry about. My son did the right thing and to think that he was hurting and I didn't notice, it was heartbreaking.

"Nothing like that. I'm okay. My therapist is helping me work through some of my problems. I keep everything bottled up and that isn't good. We've been discussing different methods to get me to express myself better" he explained.

"I'm happy for you but, what the hell are you doing?" I sighed relieved he wasn't in danger.

"What do you mean?" he murmured confusedly.

"I thought you both loved each other. The main reason I didn't worry about you moving here is that I knew that you had Jaysean" I stated looking over at the other boy.

"It's complicated" my son replied. Jay just rolled his eyes at that answer.

"It shouldn't be. I know that I'm not a person that should be giving out love advice. My husband had a whole affair that led to a messy divorce but, we were in love once. Love isn't complicated, people are" I spoke.

"No offense but, that sound like some shit you'd hear in a hallmark movie" Jaysean muttered.

"It does, doesn't it" I laughed.

"Mom, we've broken up and it's for the best," Leo said.

"Please, you cut me off right after you said you loved me. What kind of bullshit is that? Every time we get somewhere, you step back like we motherfucking social distancing up in this bitch! Sorry for my mouth" he snapped glancing my way.

I just nodded in acknowledgment waiting for my son's response. Leo rarely got angry. He was always a level headed child while Leslie was the complete opposite. Fire and ice.

"I wouldn't step back if you weren't continuously messing up" he breathed.

"How do you expect me to act when you push me away? We're supposed to be in a relationship and holding each other down. I feel like I'm the only one working up in this bitch like a hoe on the corner during Christmas" Jaysean scoffed.

"Whatever. You always want to play the victim. I'm not the one with a disrespectful mother, ex-girlfriend's and a knack for kissing there boyfriend's sister!" Leo shouted.

"I apologized so, either forgive me and let's move on or-..." he started but, didn't finish.

"Or what?" Leo asked glaring at him.

"Or we can end this for good. If you can't see us getting past this shit then, we shouldn't be anywhere near each other. Like I said before, stop wasting time if I'm not what you want" he responded.

The moment those words left Jaysean's mouth, I could tell they hurt Leo. He loved him, he was just bad at saying it but, I knew. He broke up with him because he was hurt not because he didn't want Jay in his life.

"Alright, that's it!" I spat slamming my hand on the desk to gain their attention.

"Mom-" Leo started.

"No, it's my turn. I stood there and watched you yell at each other like you had no damn common sense. Children nowadays, I swear. Y'all think you know everything but, you don't. Do you think that this is hard? That it is the worst thing your relationship will ever face? Please, you haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg. So many more hardships are coming your way and by the looks of how you are both handling this one, they're going to destroy you. Y'all need to stand together" I explained.

"But-" Jay interrupted but, I cut him off as well.

"No, y'all don't even know the half. Trying to maintain a relationship in today's world is harder than ever before. You need to trust each other or else's it's going to fail. People are going to want what you guys have and it's important you both protect it. If you don't think you can handle it then walk away. Cut ties now before you get deeper. You can love a person and not be with them" I sighed.

"I don't want to go through what you did" Leo confessed.

"Who's to say you will? Your relationship isn't me and your father's. I know the divorce damaged you and your sister. Putting you both through that is one of my biggest regrets" I muttered tearing up little.

"Mom, it's okay" my son whispered coming over to hug me.

"I'm fine. You guys need to talk. Work it out. I'll see you later" I said patting his shoulder. Walking over to Jay, I gave him a hug as well.

"I know you love my son so, hear him out. He cares about you way more than you know" I breathe.

He nodded in acknowledgment and then I left. I missed Leo but, he wasn't the only reason for my visit. Being in a different state didn't mean I was ignorant of what had been going on around me.

There were a few people that needed to be reminded that messing with my family was something I didn't play around with.
I've let too many things slide and I was tired of it. It seemed nothing ever got dealt with unless I stepped in.

🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️

I love Lisa. She is one of my favorite characters in this book. So, I took a hiatus from Wattpad because my mom ended up in the hospital. She is out now but, I wasn't really into Wattpad during that time. Though I'm trying to get back into updating for you guys. Next Jay and Leo talk and Lisa confronts her daughter and Jay's mom.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️◾🔺️