🔘 Chapter 24: House Full Of Hate

Lisa's  Pov

I wasn't here to start any drama, at least not intentionally. All I really wanted to do was have a conversation with Celia. She had been disrespecting me by mistreating my child. Now everyone was entitled to their own opinion but, that didn't give you the right to use it to harm others.

"What are you doing here Lisa? I thought you were in Texas" she said coming across the kitchen to give me a hug.

"I decided to come and visit. It was kind of lonely without the kids" I spoke.

"Hmm, I know. I'm trying to enjoy the last few years I have left with Melody before she grows up and leaves" she hummed going back over to the stove to stir something.

"Yeah. Well, Leo is really why I am here. He's been having some trouble and you are part of it" I said cutting to the chase. I was never one to beat around the damn bush.

"Lisa watch it. Your standing in my damn house" she hissed.

"And you know I don't fucking care. When you sent down Jay down to live me, I treated him like he was my own. I accepted him into my house, no questions asked. Not once did I make him feel unwanted so, I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened. You messing with Leo's head and treating him like shit for what?" I stated staring at her.

"He's the one that calls himself being in a relationship with Jaysean. I never spoke once on how you raised your children. Though I refuse to allow my son to become like yours" Celia breathed turning off the fire.

"There is nothing wrong with my son" I responded.

"It's different. Leo can be whatever he wants. He has that privilege while Jaysean doesn't. I had to raise a black man in a place that was built off the back of our ancestors. He already has to fight so hard and his sexuality will not be one more thing for them to target" she explained.

"I understand that but, it isn't something he can change. Your ancestors fought to be accepted as themselves and unfortunately the work isn't done. But, you aren't helping him by saying he can't be who he is especially if it is something he has no control over" I murmured.

"He can control it. He isn't weak like Leo" she hummed.

"Careful....my son is anything but, weak" I argued.

"He corrupted my child and I won't allow him to continue. My son will fall in love with a woman, a strong woman. Someone who can help brighten his future and not make it harder than it needs to be" she continued.

"Celia, I am trying to help you-" I started but, she just continued like I wasn't just speaking and now I was getting pissed. So, I began to take off my shoes because it seems like she was set on being disrespectful.

"Help me? Please Lisa we aren't kids anymore! The people you need to help is your trifling ex-husband, you thot of a damn daughter, and you gay ass son. Those are the people you can help! How are you going to walk your ass into my house and tell me how to take care of my child?!?! I didn't ask you to come here so, you may leave!"  she shouted and now I was over it.

People always forgot that I was no southern belle. Please don't let this pale ass skin and country accent ever fool you. I grew up on the same streets she did and I guess she needed a reminder.

"Fucking bitch!!!" I spat bum rushing her to the floor, all the while knocking down some chairs. Now I was small compared to her but, I was packing some anger inside this body.

"Get the fuck off of me!!" Celia screamed grabbing my hair and pushing me off. Quickly, I got to my feet ready to kick her ass but, before I knew it I was lifted in the air by my giant of a son. At that moment I wonder how my body survived birthing his big ass.

"Ma what the hell!?!?" he exclaimed taking me outside.

"Put me fucking down" I growled.

"Ma-" he began.

"Leonardo put me down right now!" I shouted slapping his arm.

"Yes ma'am" he replied before I felt my bare feet touch the grass.

Fixing my clothes and hair I went back into the house. I wasn't finished. Stepping into the kitchen the first thing I noticed was Celia and she was arguing with Jaysean.

"You invited him over here for what? I thought you two had broken up. That you had finally come to your damn senses. Why are you so hardheaded?!?" she said raising her voice. He looked like he wanted to go off but, stopped because after all she still was his mother.

"That's enough. You can't keep doing this. Now I'm sorry for putting my hands on you, it was uncalled for but, you're just acting ignorant. You say you don't want him to make things harder on himself but, the only person doing that is you. A parent is supposed to support their child in situations like this. They are already going to receive enough hate from everyone else. The way you are acting Celia is no better than the people you claim to be protecting him from" I sighed.

"She's right ma. I'm not changing, for you or anyone else. So either accept it or don't be in my life. Plain and simple" Jay explained before leaving.

Shaking my head I just followed after him. I said what I came here to say. It honestly wasn't my job to force her to accept her son. That was something she'd have to figure out herself.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️