🔘 Chapter 14: Your Fine Until The Day Your Not

Leo's Pov

"Where the fuck is it?" I groaned tossing a file to the side as I continued to look through the stack of papers on my desk. Every time I picked up one that wasn't what I needed, I threw it to the side.

"Damn it!" I snapped.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up but, put it back down when I saw it was Jay calling me. He had been blowing my phone up all day but, I wasn't going to answer his call. After everything last night, I needed space. That's why I even snuck out this morning. Talking to him, even seeing his face right now, it wouldn't end well.

"Leo" I heard someone say but, I just ignored it as I continued to search through the papers. It was here somewhere.

"Leo. Leo. Leonardo!!" my father snapped appearing in front of me. I stopped what I was doing and looked up at him.

"Yes?" I asked annoyed.

"What is wrong with you?" he questioned.

"So many things" I muttered.

"Son, what's going on?" he sighed.

"Nothing I just need to find this damn financial report and it isn't here!" I snapped slamming my hands on the desk.

"Okay, calm down. We already have it. I had my assistant come and pick it up yesterday remember" my dad said giving me a worried look.

"Oh," I exhaled taking a seat in my chair.

"Something is wrong. I've never seen you like this" he commented.

"Of course not. You were never around" I muttered.

"I tried to be but, you pushed me away" he argued and I didn't say anything. I mean he wasn't lying but, I knew that he would never truly understand how much his reckless decisions affected me.

"You don't want to talk to me, I know that. We aren't there yet but, you need to talk to someone because you've changed son. No matter what you think of me, you need to know that I only want what is best for you. Which is why you need to take some time off to get your head straight" he explained.

"I'm fine" I grumbled.

"No, you're not. Get some help before it's too late" my dad said before walking out.

"Ugh! Fuck!" I whispered rubbing my face before staring at the ceiling.

I could hear my phone going off in the background but, I didn't pick it up. It wasn't right for me to ignore him. For me to act like he did something wrong but, I just couldn't. I could not pick up that phone and hear his voice. Not right now.

My father was right. I'm not fine but, you couldn't allow people to see that. Nowadays vulnerability was dangerous. People took advantage and I refused to allow anyone to view me as weak. I didn't want Jay to see me like that but, I feel like he already has.

"Salia!" I yelled and soon my assistant came into my office.

"Yes sir" she hummed checking me out but, I just ignored her.

"Set me up an appointment with a good therapist. I need to talk to one today" I spoke.

"Okay," she said before leaving.

When she closed the door I could hear my phone again, this time I picked it up and saw it was another text message from Jaysean. Reading it, I felt like shit. He was worried about me and pissed that I wasn't answering him.

"Sir! Sir! You cannot go in there! Sir!" I heard Salia shriek from outside my office. I stood up to see what was going on when it busted open and Jaysean came in.