Chapter 25: Love's Amusement Park

Leo's Pov

"You didn't have to do that" I sighed as I walked my mom to her hotel room.

"I did. She was outta line. I raised you to respect your elders but, don't forget that it is something that should be earned. Family or not, no one is going to make you feel like being who you are is wrong, not while I'm around" she hummed.

"Yeah, well I reached the point where her opinions don't mean much to me" I muttered.

"Still, it's my job as your mother to protect you. Celia may be completely in the wrong but, she believes she is protecting  Jaysean. I can understand her point of view but, I can't agree with it. Protecting is different than making one feel shame for their lifestyle" my mom stated as we came upon the door to her room.

"Thanks mom. I really appreciate you coming up here and checking on me. I don't know what I would do without you" I hummed giving her a hug.

"I love you" she whispered before saying goodbye and entering her room.

Leaving the hotel, I headed over to the car where Jaysean was parked, waiting. He seemed pretty calm which was a little surprising after everything that went down a few hours ago. I knew that what his mother said had affected him. He just wasn't showing it.

"Hey" I spoke opening the passenger door and getting in.

"Hey. Your ma okay?" he asked.

"She's fine. She is gonna stay for a few more days and then head back home. Apparently, she fixed things with my sister so, she wants to make sure Leslie is okay before leaving" I replied.

"Hmmm" Jay muttered not saying anything else.

"Let's go home" I breathed grabbing his hand.

He just nodded and started the car. I kept our hands intertwined as we continued through New York traffic. The atmosphere between us was silent but, not awkward. We both had a lot on our mind. These past couple weeks were like a roller coaster. Jay and I had gone through numerous ups and downs but we were still here. Still together.

Shocked was one word for it. In the beginning, I never really expected for us to make it this long. It was my belief that love was something that started off sweet but, would inevitably turned toxic and hurt everyone involved.

"Leo we're here" Jay spoke shaking my hand all the while drawing me from my thoughts.

"Sorry" I responded getting out. Heading up to the apartment it was still quiet as hell.

"What's wrong?" he questioned as soon as we stepped foot inside.

"Nothing" I sighed but, he gave me a look that told me he knew I wasn't saying everything. That I was holding back.

"I'm worried about you. The things your mom said were hurtful and uncalled for. I just don't want you to feel bad" I confessed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm good. I've come to realize that she is the one with the problem. I can't force someone to do something they don't want to. Besides I'm happy with who I am and who I lay next to in bed at night" Jay explained before kissing me.

"Fine. I won't say anymore on the subject" I muttered.

"Good. I don't want to talk about her anyways" he whispered placing his hands on my hips. Smiling, I leaned in and hugged him.

The one thing that held people back from coming out was the fear of losing the people you love. It was soul crushing to watch family and friends turn there back on you all because of something you couldn't change about yourself. I knew Jaysean was upset but, I also knew him well enough to understand that he wouldn't allow it to cripple him and his growth.

"I love you" I told him.

"I love you too" he responded.

"You have to promise me something" I said pulling away.

"What you need?" he asked without hesitation.

"Don't let me runaway again. I know it isn't going to be easy but, I don't want to hurt you like I did. Not again" I confessed.

"Don't worry. Lessons learned. We got this, okay. We've been through too much to fail or make the same mistakes. Besides your stuck with me" Jay breathed wrapping his arms back around me.

"I got you like you got me" I hummed.

"Damn straight" he chuckled.

This wasn't a happily ever after. We weren't naive as too belief that there weren't going to be problems in the future. There would inevitably be some but, we would make it through. Hell or high water, with this man beside me I was willing to endure the ride. Rollercoaster, carousel and anything else.

The End...

🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍

Ok, I know this is a crappy ending but, I honestly didn't know what else to write fore them. I feel like with all the drama between bot books they deserved a nice calm ending. Anyways, sorry for the unexpected hiatus. This storyline is now complete. I was thinking of writing a third installment for this series and making it GirlxGirl with Leslie. I don't know. I have never really wrote one like that so, I'm kinda weary about it.

I hope you guys enjoyed both of these books. Thanks for all the constant support.
—-MissTAYTAY1  XOXO