ROMANCE RESULTS !!

ROMANCE RESULTS

Drum roll...

[ 1ST PLACE ]

Siren, houseofmirrors.

Congratulations!

Review from your judge:
' My goodness. I love this story. Where do I even begin? The incredible description of Richard's helpful ways and proper example to his daughter? The emotional and hart-wrenching accident Ashlyn suffered during the storm when she was eight? Or the twenty years older Ashlyn who has grown to be a lovely soul with just the same morals as Richard, but a saddened heart and now unable to ever utter a word? Siren gives rise to a new meaning in the Romance genre. I am especially impressed by the time the author took to flesh out just how tragic Ashlyn's past is and how big a loss it was for her when her father met his demise. The flow from one chapter to another is beautifully met, with satisfying endings and cliffhangers almost tangible to the reader. Ashlyn's story seems almost too real to be fictional and this is attributed to the impressive writing style and vocabulary command from the author. I love the fact that the feel of this story is different in all the aspects I was judging. The pacing can be a bit slow when the characters get into stride in communicating, but the content is very quick to hide this from you by pulling at your heartstrings. Even if this turns out to be a love story between Ashlyn and the newcomer to town, Derek, I am glad her past was given the attention and detail it deserved. I would recommend a read of this book to anyone I can influence in this world. The first three chapters have not disappointed in the least bit. '

AND

Congratulations!

6 Ways to Mend a Broken Heart, Grace-Ryan.

Review from your judge:
Can be found in Aiddlyn_Miracle's book reviews.

[ 2ND PLACE ]

The Missing Gem, missmarswrites.

Well done!

Review from your judge:
Can be found in Aiddlyn_Miracle's book reviews.

[ 3RD PLACE ]

The Only Way is Up, mika_mba04.

Review from your judge:
' I find it beautifully confusing when characters who are the main focus of a story are both polar opposite to each other, Far from what many believe, I prefer it this way to further reinforce the term 'opposites attract'. The Only Way is Up does a marvelous job at describing just how radically different Maddison's and Morgan's lives are from each other. That description alone was good enough for the starting of the book, and I feel it was done very well. Character development is decent as we get insights to our two protagonist's pasts up until the present day the live in. The tone shifts well with each perspective, having a calm and almost diminished voice with Morgan's POV, while maintain a determined and assured one with Maddison's. The command in language and writing style is also quality work, with chapters flowing seamlessly between one another. My problem is that the length of the chapters feels a bit short and in my opinion. There are also a few grammar errors along the way, but nothing a good edit cannot fix. At the end of the third chapter, I felt more involved in the story and the two protagonist than I would have initialed banked on. I feel the story has a good sense of its direction and the plotline, and it seems to be in the same direction as its title references. '