HORROR RESULTS !!

HORROR RESULTS

By the talented judge, LLSanders.

First place:

Maryn, QueenVadamerca

Review:
" The opening chapter and paragraph grabs you and keeps you turning pages. The writing style is clean, wonderfully descriptive and gives a noir feel that pulls you into the plot. The characters are realistic in how they interact with each other and their environments, and the friendship of Maryn and Matthew is compelling. You immediately root for them as you see them in action during an exorcism. The action is full of suspense, there's bits of humor thrown in here and there, especially in regard to Maryn's personality. I especially enjoyed seeing this incubus in action! Well written sensual scene, very well written plot overall. The way the author creatively uses other characters to describe the protagonist's appearance or special features alone shows their advanced writing skill. A highly immersive and enjoyable read! "

Second place:

How to Make a Monster?, Green_Crow

Review:
" Although the opening paragraph and chapter pulls you in, there are a lot of questions that are lacking answers, including character motive. The mystery of the plot is great but by leaving out some important details, the story makes you guess too much without prompting you to answers. The descriptions are good, and the character's handling of blood in the initial chapter makes for intense creepiness. After the first chapter, however, the action seems to slow down quite a bit. The omniscient point of view is sometimes jarring as we switch between narrators sometimes as often as paragraph to paragraph. Overall, a unique tale with plenty of potential! "

Third place:

Goofy The Clown's Disappearing Act, loverdolphin57

Review:
" Excellent grammar, vocabulary, and scene-setting skills. The opening chapter starts with lots of backstory and information about the setting instead of pulling me in with emotion, action or character. Jonathan and Emily talk a lot about the clown, but I was missing the immersive element and wished to see more action and less talking and telling. By the third chapter, the scares, gore, and my fear of clowns was heightened! Overall, a good story that sets up an intriguing premise of a killer clown in high school. "

First runner up:

The Flesh of Their Daughter, grudgeme

Review:
" When a strange woman approaches the protagonist wearing a necklace made of human fingernails and asks her if she likes the taste of blood, that's where the story begins for me! However, the information before that is mostly scene setting and character info, and although decent and necessary, disbursing that info throughout the chapter instead of lumped at the beginning would make for a more compelling introduction. A shocking secret is revealed in chapter two involving knives, and although entertaining, some may argue with the characteristics of schizophrenia and how it's portrayed. Otherwise, the story has plenty of potential and the tendency to be highly addictive with many hints of secrets and danger in the plot! "

PM @AceSociety to redeem your rewards.