8) The Trilogy Masquarade: Part 1

You sit on your bed in your cramped room, waiting patiently for Haruhi to get back with your clothes. The first part of the Masquerade called for all eligible Bachelorettes to wear a dark, plum purple, along with a mask, the color being their choice.

Drizel lays on Haruhi's bed, rambling on about how amazing the party is going to be and how the three of them are going to "absolutely love it." You? You're still not sure whether you should go through with this or not.

Finally, the old door creaks open and Haruhi enters, looking a little nervous, holding a pile of clothes. "I- I got them," he chokes out, tossing the clothes onto your bed. "But, I counted and there were only two extra purple dresses, so I grabbed a dress coat too," he states, sifting through the pile of expensive clothing until he holds up the purple dress coat.

"How can there be a purple dress coat," says Drizel through gritted teeth, locking eyes with a nervous looking Haruhi. Obviously lost for words, Drizel speaks again, saying, "I'm not wearing that, I think one of the princesses brothers have also stayed there for the week so that's why it's in the wash in the first place."

Getting up, she snatches the pretty purple plum dress and announces that she'll be back in a few minutes, leaving Haruhi and yourself alone. "So," begins Haruhi, smoothing out the dress, "which one do you want?" 

Wouldn't be want the dress coat because he's a boy?, you think to yourself, giving Haruhi a strange look. Then again, he does seem to be a cross dresser since he does wear the girl's servant outfit so maybe he doesn't have a preference?

"Um, I'll take the dress," you say, and quickly add, "is that ok?" "I have no problem with it," says Haruhi happily, taking the boy's outfit and pulls out the changing curtain.

Getting up, you change out of your maid uniform and fold it gently on your bed with care, then slip on the princess' dress with little struggle. Looking in the mirror, you are stunned with how pretty you look:

The purple dress is sleeveless, a-line, a little tight, but overall it looks really pretty on you. Giving a little spin, the large skirt swirls around you, and for the first time you actually feel comfortable about the thought of attending the Masquarade. Tiny sparkles are on the top of the dress, as well as around your waist, which gives the dress the extra flair it needs.

Stepping out from behind the curtain, Haruhi looks handsome and gives you a smile. "Wow, y/n you look amazing," says Haruhi, smile widening. "You could actually pass for a real princess," he says, grabbing a hairbrush from the vanity. Releasing your hair from it's tight bun, it falls around your shoulders nicely and he begins to comb.

Hair becoming neater after a few minutes, he gives you a look of approval and grabs a comb, now brushing his own hair. The door swings open, and Drizzel walks in, hair pin straight, and she looks at you both.
"Y/n, pull up your dress, you look like a slut, and your hair is such a mess," is all she says, dismissively, and she strolls over to Haruhi and straightens his time.

"Well I think she looks great," spits out Haruhi, surprising you since he doesn't seem like the one to talk back to others. Crinkling her nose, Drizzel finishes and she says, "I guess you look fine, let's go or else we'll be late."

You all begin to walk out, whispering words of thanks to Haruhi, and then you realize something: "I don't have any shoes," you say, slightly panicked. "Well, that's your problem," says the nasty maid, continuing on without you.

"I'm so so so sorry," says Haruhi, genuinely apologizing, "I forgot, I remembered to grab guy's dress shoes but, ugh, I'm really sorry." "It-it's fine," you say, trying to remember any other pair of shoes you have that aren't your maid shoes. If you wear them, someone may notice that you really are not a princess, though you look like one.