13) I Missed You

Kaoru's POV:
The entire time he's been there, he hasn't stopped looking at the person who's been mysteriously absent for a week: Dutchess. With her pretty, h/c hair and her adorable face. His heart swells as he watches you work, causing him to zone out constantly the entire time. I have to tell her, he thinks to himself.

Though Kyoya talked about having to have a Princess, he's decided he doesn't care: Princess or not, Dutchess is something special, just... it can't even be pinpointed. There's just something about her.

Finally, all of them leave and after the lengthy parting words he gets up and walks over to Dutchess, who's eyes widen at the sight of him. She holds a tray of dirty plates and, looking to see that Kyoya is talking to Hikaru and everyone else in the room is busy, he says, "come with me."
————————————————————
Your POV:
There goes my heart again...what have I got to lose?, you think to yourself as you walk out of the room (leaving the tray inside, of course) following him to just outside the door. Stopping, he turns to you and looks you up and down.

"Where were you?," he asks delicately, and you explain how you missed and had to clean the floor. While you explain, he nods from time to time and seems to truly listen. Finally, you finish and stare down at the floor, looking for some sort of comfort. Why is he even talking to me?

After a few moments, a devious smile creeps onto his face and, starting to get concerned, you're about to say something when he wraps his arms around you into a hug. There's no time to avoid it or push him away, it just happens.

Panicked, you say, "what are you doing?" and try to wriggle free, but quickly give up. Why? Why? Why? This is so wrong, why?, you think helplessly. Am I just some toy to him? Whispering softly, you hear him say, "I missed you. I'm glad you're back." No longer struggling, you take note of him holding you and actually... enjoy it? What is this? I can't be liking this, he just led me out here like a total creep and now is hugging me. Who does that? Sorry to say, despite all this, you decide to secretly enjoy it.

"Uh, thanks," you say as he lets go, and you sign, so uncomfortable but so at peace at the same time- which is immediately destroyed by your stomach, which suddenly gives a loud growl.

He bursts out laughing, and you start sputtering, "I'm so so sorry!," along with similar statements, but he shakes his head at you and he continues to laugh. Nervous, you join in and give a few nervous laughs as he says, "Dutchess, are you hungry?"

Yes. "No, I'm fine," you start, beginning to walk away, wanting to get out of the situation, but he follows, still laughing a little. "Let's go to the kitchen and get you something." Ahhhhhh. "You know you can't ignore me forever, right?," he questions as you look straight ahead, trying to pretend he isn't there. He's right...

Giving him a look, which was meant to be one of hatred but ended up being more of a lopsided smile, you say, "fine. You have one hour." Should I be neglecting my job again? No, but I'm getting terminated anyway so I guess it's okay.

Seeing that he has that look again, you exclaim, flabbergasted, "And stop it with that evil smile!" Already you're so done with him, even though you've only been together for five minutes. "What evil smile?," he says jokingly, as you both turn down the hall with the kitchen in it.

"That one," you say, starting to smile now. "The one that you put on when you get exactly what you want." Shaking his head, he opens the door to the kitchen and gestures for you to walk in first, as he says, "that's funny." Was he being sarcastic or...?

Walking in, you see cakes covering the surface of all of the counters and tables in the expansive kitchen. Chocolate fudge, strawberry shortcake, and countless others are everywhere, and it seems that you're all alone, with the exception of the cakes and him. These must be for the party tomorrow.