10) Falling In All Sorts Of Ways

A Few Days After The Ball:

You've been busy cleaning up after the ballroom for the past week (surprisingly, such proper royals can make such a huge mess) and have been unable to speak to Drizzel at all on how the ball went for her.

Finally, though, today the meetings with the thirty chosen princesses will commence so you won't have to clean up the ball room anymore and will now have to report to Music Room Three, again, to help with the proceedings.

As you enter the room, a few minutes late, you see the princesses, similar to the other times, talking eagerly to one another. This time, though, you recognize that the original, the tall one, and the ginger princess are all there. Thankfully, that nasty one is no where in sight. Strolling over, not worried that you're late, you see that Kyoya is barking angrily at the maids.

"This is unacceptable, the staffs' background record files have all been touched and rearranged, whomever did it is fired," he says enranged. "And the  ballroom should have been cleaned sooner," he says harshly. Yes, definitely this guy is part demon. "These princesses should be treated with the utmost respect, or else you will all pay the price," he adds, with a sense of finality. At least I missed the majority of the rant...

You begin to walk away with the rest of the crowd, most of them leaving the room to head off to their other tasks, but just then you hear Kyoya call out three names. "Will Haruhi, Y/n, and Drizzel please report to me immediately?" Immediately, a shiver runs down your spine.

Walking over, you see that Haruhi and Drizzel are standing their, the sooner looking scared out of his mind, while the latter is looking posh, as if she is Kyoya's equal. He gives you a death glare as you walk over, beginning to feel nervous.

"Where were the three of you the night of the ball?," he says sharply, giving each of you a share of his signature death glare. "You were all missing from your tasks." Shrugging, Drizzel rudely yawns and sleepily responds, "I don't know about these two, but I was helping that stupid chef of yours with his life problems again."

Soon, you realize that she has only just covered for herself, leaving Haruhi and yourself without an excuse for being absent. Nodding, Kyoya gives her a look and says, "I will be checking with him to see if that is true... now please get down to the kitchen and wash the dishes that are designated for you."

She nods curtly, not even looking at you or Haruhi and hurries away. You hear the door open and close behind you, and footsteps enter the room, in addition to the ones that are leaving, and assume that those are the ones of the twins, but you're too frightened to turn around to confirm. "So where were you y/n," he says, relieving you of his glare for a moment as he jots down something in his notebook. What could he be writing?

"I- I was," you stutter, and you take a deep breath. "I threw up everywhere," you say dramatically, burying your hands in your face. Since when did I become such a good actor? "Haruhi," you begin, a sniffle a little, "was about to leave but then he stayed back to help me clean up and feel better. I was in no condition to go."

Looking at the both of you, Kyoya gives an annoyed sigh and questions, "Haruhi, is that true?" He nods vigorously, and a sense of relief floods into you once you've realized you're safe. "Just don't do this again without telling me," he says curtly, but quickly adds, "and, by the way, y/n you just referred to Haruhi as a boy. She's a girl." With that, he walks away to where the princesses are.

"Wait," you sputter out, "you're a girl!," you say, very surprised. Taking it very well, and giving a reassuring smile, she says, "it's fine, I get that a lot because of my hair." Both of you start to walk over to the table of dessert trays you need to carry over, while continuing the conversation.