11) She Is Me

Kyoya's POV:
I think I know who rearranged the files... Suddenly, he hears the loud, heart wrenching sound of breaking glass, and hurries over towards the source of the noise. I have enough to do today, what could it be now?, he thinks, clearly irritated.

Rounding the corner, he keeps his cool as he observes the scene before him: The prince with left parted hair is dragging a girl away, y/n, the one who was missing during the ball, from an area covered with broken plate fragments. Sighing, Kyoya walks over and asks the Prince what happened. "She just... fell again," he says, sounding concerned.

Look at this mess. "Just take her to the infirmary immediately," he says, already writing down his Master Cleanup Plan in his notebook. "I'll take care of the mess." Kaoru scoops up the limp girl, gently, and hurries her towards the direction of the infirmary.
————————————————————
Kaoru's POV:
Poor Dutchess, I didn't say anything wrong, did I?, the worried Prince thinks to himself as he looks at the poor maid's slightly cut up hands. Making a turn, he realizes that the infirmary is at the other side of the enourmous palace. No one is in sight, and, though small, it's obvious that your wounds need to be cared for.

"My room is nearby though," he says quietly to himself, and, making a quick decision, he heads over there instead. After another minute, he arrives and somehow gets the door to swing open, still holding you in his arms.

"There we go Dutchess," he says to your unconscious figure as he lays you on his messy bed. "I didn't make it- I never do," he says out loud to you, and then realizes how ridiculous he's being. I'm talking to an unconscious person, he thinks, shaking his head. The few cuts on your hands are beginning to bleed onto the sheets, and he goes to find some sort of medical device. I really hope she's okay... aha!, he says, holding up a small bottle of hand sanitizer that he found in his messy nightstand drawer.

"Hello patient," he says, pretending to be a doctor to make himself feel better. "I am Doctor Kaoru and today I'll be using," he starts, looking at the bottle, "this new stuff called 'Lavender Hand Sanitizer' to cure your wounds." Smiling to himself a little, it immediately fades when he realizes he is all alone. You're unconscious. Hikaru is nowhere to be found. No one is around.

"Alright, here we go," he says, refocusing and sounding slightly more serious as he unscrews the top of the bottle. "Applying hand sanitizer." For a moment, as he leans down, he pauses as he admires your serene face, looking angelic. She's so pretty, says a small voice from the back of his mind, that he decides to ignore for the moment. Sighing, he casually dumps the entire bottle all over your hands.
————————————————————
Your POV:
Huh, why are my hands burning?, you think, starting to feel nervous. Sitting up quickly and snapping your eyes open, you knock heads with someone, who yells, "ow!" and see that your hands are covered in a liquid substance. "What is this?!" you roar at the person, not feeling one bit sorry until you see who it is: him. Him. Of all people.

"I'm so sorry," you say, starting to panic a little, as you wipe your hands on the blanket that's beside you. Blanket? Suddenly, you take in your surroundings. You're sitting in a bed in a large room. There's another bed at the other side of the room. It can't be... you think, as the pain in your hands start to subside.

"Am I in your bed?!" you exclaim, flabbergasted, already scooting away from him. "Relax, Dutchess," says Kaoru with a smile, rubbing his head where you smashed into it. "I'm glad to see that you're awake." Thinking back, you remember why you fainted in the first place. Standing up a little straighter, he orders, "as your doctor, I prescribe you to stay in bed, and to never faint again under any circumstances."