Chapter 6

Themyscira
September 5th, 6:16

"Guys. You've got to see this." Wally screamed at the group that was returning from Royal Palace. Doctor Sandsmark decided that for the time being she and her daughter will stay on the island. Queen did not have any problem with it. Amazons were happy to accept another warrior among them. Diana also stayed to make sure that Cassie will be alright.

"What is it Wallman?" Artemis asked.

"Just hurry up."

The group went inside the Bio-ship. A big holographic screen displayed Queen Bee at the press conference in front of her palace.

"Last night a group of american so-called heroes attacked Bialya. They crossed the border with Qurac and destroyed science outpost, killing the lead scientist Simon Jones." A video appeared on screen next to her. It showed Neptune throwing trident at Psimon like it really happened, but there were some major differences. For example the cages behind them were empty and there was no Doctor Sandsmark or Helena on the picture. Also, Psimon wore a lab coat and not his usual attire. He was running from Neptune when he was pierced with the trident. "As you've all seen, this is what Justice League really is: a group of murderers that have no respect for wishes of free nations of this world. Bialya was never informed nor we agreed for them to enter out sovereign territory. I will demand compensation and for those perpetrators to stand trial." Then, the screen showed rest of the team minus Aqualad, wreaking havoc among Bialyan soldiers.

"We are so screwed"

Mount Justice
September 5th, 10:16

"Let me get this straight. You were supposed to run a silent recon mission. Instead, you destroyed a military encampment, devastated more than a dozen tanks and sent what qualifies as small army to the hospital." Percy wanted to protest but Batman gave him no chance. "And you. You killed a man."

"I saved Doctor Sandsmark." Percy protested.

"That doesn't change anything." Batman tried to shut him down. Not wanting to deal with angry Bat, rest of the team took a step back, but Percy remained unaffected. On the contrary. He stepped toward so he was facing him eye to eye.

"I think it does. If I had to choose between doing what I did and saving innocent life, I would do it again."

"I don't know how it's done where you come from, Perseus, but here we don't execute villains."

This crossed the line for Percy. He had to deal with Bat since the day he arrived. And none of the encounters were pleasant.

Flashback

"I am Percy Jackson and I am demigod, son of Poseidon." He extended his hand toward Batman, but vigilante rejected it.

"I will be watching you closely. For now, let's discuss the details."

"Ok then... Is he always like that?" Percy asked, looking at Diana. She silently nodded. "Anyway. May I get my stuff back? It..."

"No." Batman cut him.

"Alright." Percy smiled. "I tried nicely." Before Batman reacted, Percy extended his hand and with small shimmer his trident appeared. This earned a glare from Batman and surprised faces from the rest of the league. Diana chuckled. She knew her 'cousin' for only few hours and already she liked him.

"Don't try to act so smart. You are still under league custody until we decided what to do with you." Batman sounded irritated.

"Let me think about it... Nope. I told you already. I agree to your 'offer' to become a hero. But I will do it on my terms."