Chapter 18

Smallville
October 17, 5:16

Zoe slowly opened her eyes. The ringing in her ears passed and world around her stopped spinning enough for her to stand up. To her right, she noticed Percy also standing up. She could only hope that Alpha squad was okay. But Percy's reaction suggested otherwise. She started to run toward him, but a wave of pure, unbridled energy enveloped her. Air all around her was suddenly filled with sea scent. The earth split and consumed the other alien ship. The tremor knocked her down. With utter fear she watched as Percy, barely able to move after the strain, tries to walk toward her only to stumble and fall into the crack. Almost immediately, it closed behind him, leaving her alone in the empty field devastated by invasion. They won. But now, she was all alone again. The only person in this whole world who could even partially understand her and who she dared to call a friend was gone. The sea scent in the air kept reminding her of him. Slowly, the aura of power began to fade. A single tear went down her face, followed by another. Suddenly, the reality started to shimmer before her eyes. It was as if she was constantly blinking, except instead of darkness she saw a dungeon cell. It was made of rocks and she could see the rusted bars in front. She could barely make out anything, but she managed to see the someone. He was really tall, about 6'8". She couldn't make out his face, but dark hair could reach down to his shoulders. His black full plate armor was decorated with thin lines reasembling withered tree branches and from between separate plates there was malicious red glow. In his hand was long black sword decorated with greek leters forming the word Dread.

"Another one is waking. You promised us that with our help the serum would be permanent." That voice... She already heard it before. But it couldn't be. It was two centuries ago when she was still lieutenant of Artemis. Back in her world. But at the same time she would never mistake it again. When he and his brother came to 'play' with the hunters, it was only thanks to Phoebe that they fended them off. Having a daughter of the god of Fear does have it's benefits when fighting said god. Slowly, as she realized who this was, the reality began to stop shimmering and she got grounding on the truth. The empty field disappeared and she was now fully in the cell. She was in civilan clothes, but her twin bracelets firmly on her forearms.

"Deimos and Phobos!" She screamed. Her mind was still clouded and recent memories of all of her friends dying still fresh. She crossed her bracelets and immediately her armor appeared, transforming her. The bow materialized in her hand and she drew an arrow with it's head glowing red.

"Look brother. Little huntress is awake." Another voice, this one belonging to Phobos, came from the corridor to the right. She was still in the cell, but she could tell that there were other rooms down the line. The god's of fear voice was a bit higher and he seemed like he mocked her. At the same time, he was sending involuntary chills down her spine.

Deimos laughed at her. "Indeed brother. I am sure we can take a break from our work and have some fun. On look. She already changed for us. Well... Let's see what the little huntress can do, shall we?" His voice was lower and more coarse. He was also mocking, but for some reason while Phobos was more crazy, Deimos sounded like some nobleman from late XVIII century. He had this accent that she could place to somewhere around Northern Balkans. He sounded like his son, the legendary Count Dracula, at least before this abomination met his end at the tip of her mistress arrow, but not before he managed to forge his legend. To this day it wakes dread in the hearts of some people. Talk about making your father proud.

"I give you one chance to return my teammates to me, else you shall face my wrath." To settle her point she fired the arrow in front of the bars and the explosion practically disintegrated them.