Chapter 24

A/N yes, Hero's Darkness is the working title of the sequel to this story. But I will not be writing it at least until November if my publication plan works.

"Wh-What do you mean return. I died."

"Indeed. But you weren't judged yet. Gods can't enter the sealed world just like that. Yet, there exist some... loopholes to this rule. I need you to...

For the next half an hour, Hades explained certain things to Secret. Finally, she thought about it for a moment.

"But... Are you sure I will be able to become normal again?"

"It remains to be seen. It isn't exactly something that happens often. Or ever. I can promise that you will always have a place at Elysium, provided you fulfill your end of a deal."

Both Persephone and Nico remained silent for the whole ordeal. Their expressions didn't even change. Those who did not know better could think that they are indeed mother and son and not step-mother and step-son.

Secret gave it some more thought. "I agree."

Liverpool
November 13, 00:16

When Hades offered her the deal, she did not expect the task to be so hard. When she was just a kid, she loved to watch all this superheroes fight bad guys. Now she was supposed to help dispose of one of the greatest bad guys in the history. But in the cartoons finding villain always seemed so simple. Just go to a bar, ask for him and he will come. Or ask some thugs who will cower in fear and point you to him. Real life was much harder.

Secret was merely ten. She had no way of going to the bar and common thugs had no knowledge where to find who she was looking for. The man commonly known just as 'Wizard'. It was part of the greater plan and Hades with his son chose him for it. She was just supposed to do the hard part of finding him and doing the deed. That's why she found herself in a gloomy bar in liverpool. She was still dressed like the way she died, with eerie aura surrounding her. The whole place seemed empty except for a bartender who had his back turned and one other man sitting by the counter with half-empty bottle of whiskey. He was smoking even though next to him was a sign 'No smoking in the bar', but since the owner didn't mind she figured they must be friends or something. Secret walked to the man and pulled his duster to get his attention.

"Mister Constantine? May I have a word?"

John Constantine, in some circles known as Hellblazer or just prick, was an experienced magician. He could feel the aura of death approach him, but he did not expect a prepubescent girl in white dress and white hairband. "Who in the bloody hell are you, girl?"

Secret was really nervous. Even in life, she was always a shy one. Her only friend was her older brother. At least until he lost his mind and killed her. "Secret!" She blurted without control. It was kinda an instinct, to answer all question with that word. Nico called it... 'her ghostly quirk'. Apparently, some spirits had it after death. It was still better than more violent alternative: Obsession. She was not keen on forever trying to kill her brother or haunt her place of life just because she was restless.

"Huh?" Constantine was confused. He tried to get a grip on this girl and when he opened his 'third eye' he almost fell from the stool. "You are a bloody ghost."

"S-Sorry sir. I-I meant that my name is Secret. Not like I don't tell you. It's just what I am called. Secret." She babbled for a moment. Get it together. You are here to get it done with and hopefully return to normal...