Chapter 16

Mount Justice
October 10, 16:58

Percy threw a punch at Kaldur, who dodged. The atlantean tried to go for counter attack, only for his fist to be dodged, caught and used as a leverage to do a judo flip on him. He landed on the ground with a thud and giant red 'defeat' appeared over his head. Percy didn't have time to cherish his victory because Garth and Tula came at him in tandem. Previously, he managed to send them away, but now they came back with new energy. He dodged punch sent by Tempest and at the same time blocked Aquagirl's hand. This left him open for Garth to try and kick him. If not for his superior reflexes he would probably already be on the ground or at least dazed, but luckily he was a demigod. For him everything around him was happening much slower, which gave him chance to push Tula away and grab the leg that was about to hit him and twist it. Garth made a 360 turn in the air and Percy hoped he would land face first, but no such luck. To his surprise atlantean managed to only fall on one knee. Demigod wanted to take advantage of this situation, but in the corner of his eye he saw a right hook sent by the atlantean girl. He blocked and did a counterstrike, but she dodged it. Aquagirl made a jab at his neck, but he matrixed his way away. He noticed Tempest going for a strike. In his current position he had hard time dodging the attack going to his midriff, so he did a backsault, kicking tula in her already hurting head and sending her flying. Before he saw a bright red defeat as the girl fell on her back, a Garth palmed him in the stomach and sent him tumbling into ground. Percy had no way of avoiding it. Normally this would not mean the end of any fight, but the rules Black Canary set were clear. Once you fall, you are out.

"Great fight everyone. I am impressed." She looked at Garth, Tula and Kaldur. "You actually managed to hold your own against Percy." She smiled. Everyone gathered gave a laugh. Since his return, Percy managed to best every single member of the team in hand-to-hand combat. Essence of Athena made a real number on him. During fight with Ares he 'learned' multiple martial arts. While his muscle memory for the moves was gone, probably due to godly essence leaving his body, the knowledge of techniques still remained, hard-coded into his brain. The more he practiced, the more attuned to it he became. Still, his ADHD did not let him just stand there in perfect form, repeating the same move for thousand times. He preferred action. That's why he was the most active sparring partner recently. Usually, Zoe was his combat partner because she thought that 'he is the only one that actually can pose any challenge'. Black Canary proven her wrong on that statement multiple times since, but she still refused to fight some of the 'younglings' and especially 'the males' as she kindly refereed to Robin, Superboy and especially Kid Flash. She had no problem with girls on the team and offered them to train them on multiple occasions. Only ones she had no problem with were atlanteans. Kaldur was always very respectful toward her and recognized her as a huntress of Artemis. Garth, while kinda rough on the edges, reminded her a bit of Percy with his hotheadedness and also how much he cared about Tula. He also made no attempts to flirt with her while staying more or less respectful. Tula was okay and quite easy-going. At the same time female sorceress had the fierce side to her. She reminded Zoe of Bianca. While the huntress long since came to terms with the death of daughter of Hades, seeing this same traits in another girl.

Zoe watched as Percy hit the floor and allowed smile to creep onto her face. She stood up and walked to the arena. She didn't manage to say anything before suddenly a red blur beaten her to Percy and started shaking his hand vigorously. She recognized it as Captain Marvel, one of the League members which was weird since Black Canary was supposed to be team's 'den mother' this week. They weren't expecting any other Leaguers to come.

"You are Perseus, right? Oh yes! You prefer Percy! Or Neptune! I am so honored to meet you. Well, technically I did before, but now I can talk to you in person! I am so thrilled. I saw how you've beaten Ares. This was sooo cool. You also took down the Injustice League with a wave of your hand! How cool is that?" Captain Marvel was speaking so fast that the others present in the room hardly managed to comprehend it. He kept going on about and praising Neptune's actions during the strange plants mess.