III: WOW

"WOW angel I'm so sorry." Cassie frowned, sitting behind her. Her hands ran through her hair, twisting the ends into a braid. Angel shrugged. "It's okay Cass." she replied quietly. Angel scrolled through social media and let out a quiet huff. Cassie scooted next to her and nudged her softly. "Nate can be a total dick. I know he's different now and it may be weird but you still have me. I haven't changed one bit." Cass smiled widely down at angel and angel smiled back. Right then her phone dinged and Cassie looked down. "Oh um Mckay is here." She stood and Angel followed. they walked towards the door and Cass gave Angel a tight hug. "I'll see you later okay?" and with that she was out the door, getting in Mckay's car.

Angel collapsed onto her bed and stared at her ceiling. It was only the first week and things felt so off. Her phone started ringing and she looked down at the caller ID, shocked to see Nate's name pop up. She answered and pressed the phone to her ear. "Hello?" she hesitantly spoke. "Are you at home?" Nate replied quickly. "yes-" she was cut off by a tap on her window. She turned and jumped, letting out a small scream.

"Is everything okay?" Her mom yelled from the other room. "Yes, just watching a scary movie." Angel quickly responded and turned back to Nate giving a soft chuckle at her. She opened her window and let him in. As Nate entered he took in his surroundings. It was quiet for a little while. Angel sat on her bed while Nate scanned her picture frames and books. "What are you doing here?" Angel finally spoke, her voice quiet. Nate stayed silent for a little before turning to her. "I just...I wanted to see you." He ran a hand through his hair and walked over to her, sitting on the edge of her bed. Angel looked down at her hands and twirled her thumbs. "You saw me yesterday..." She muttered. Nate sighed and nodded. "yeah, I just was shocked I guess, really shocked. I thought you were gone forever." Angel looked at Nate for a while. He was still looking around her room.

His eyes drifted over to her and they locked a glance for a long while. Angel noticed him leaning in to her but she backed up. "Maddy seems really nice. Great style..." Angel quickly spoke. Nate leaned back and cleared his throat, his mood shifting. "Angel!" Her mother shouted form the kitchen. "I'm going to go." And with that Nate was out her window again.