5

The door slams shut "Baby girl" Carl calls out for me with his usual pet name.

"Living room" i call back. Where I've been sat for the past hour. In silence, re-thinking and going over what happened earlier. And weather i made the right choice or not. Really trying to stand my ground, telling myself i have. But knowing deep down, i haven't, it's probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. Especially when my mum and John find out i completely blew it, and on purpose. With my attitude and big mouth All hell will break loose. Especially now I'm left jobless. Money won't necessarily be a problem with me. With my mum always feeling the need to give me thousands of pounds of pocket money each week. Stating "what's the point in being a millionair if i can't share with my little girl" .. not that i want it. Money's never been a big deal for me like it has her. It wouldn't surprise me if she put money before me. But that's just how she is.

"Bad day?" He drops down next to me, carelessly throwing his arm around the back of my shoulder like it's a routine or habit of his.

"Could say that" i lean into him, resting my head on his chest. Taking in a deep breath as i know Carl's gonna demand to know every single detail of it.

"Sup? Do tell..." he nudges his arm into me before kissing the top of my head.

"Carl?..." I pause waiting for him to answer. Getting a foul smell travelling up my nostrills, coming from him. I look down, noticing his tshirts on inside out too. I stiffle my laugh.

"yeah?" he starts to play with my hair. Knowing it's a stress releaver for me.

"Where you been?" i laugh.

"Had that photo shoot didn't i?"

"Topless?" i ask amused. Knowing damn well what that smell is. It can't be mistaken. The slag.

"No! I have dignity" he chuckles to himself.

"Who was he?" i laugh. Knowing he's been with someone. You can smell sex a mile off.

"She. And she was gagging for it" he bursts out laughing. Clearly amused himself.

"You confuse me. You slag" i joke.

"Stop throwing the conversation away from you..." he scolds. Already knowing I'm not wanting to go over the shite of a day I've had. "C'mon. Spill, Smith" he shifts, getting himself comfortable. Knowing that once i start waffling on, it's likely to be for hours.

I sigh "It's my boss"

"Oh dear" Carl looks down at me disapprovingly "Go on" he encourages me.

"He's a controlling get!" i can't stop my laughter escaping at the small insult. That's nowhere near the insult he deserves. He deserves to be called far worse than that.

"But...?" God, he's nosey tonight.

"He's..." i shrug. Knowing before I've said it out loud, how stupid I'm gonna sound.. "he's, hot" i bite my bottom lip.

"But?" Carl repeats like he's not getting my point or where I'm coming from.

"I said he's hot" i roll my eyes at my best friend. 

"You're such a pussy" he shifts me slowly so he can get to his feet. Standing, facing me "I'll get the wine. You spill it all. We get ready, getting you all glamed up-" he points over at me "me?" he throws his hands on his chest "i don't need it as much" he winks "then we hit town all night. To drown your sorrows and stop you thinking of that sex god you met today. Okay?" he raises a brow. Grinnng like he's just thought of a genuis plan "Okay?" he raises his voice louder when i don't reply.

"You're the boss" i shrug. But amused.

"That's damn right baby!" he shakes his hips, making a tit of himself on purpose to cheer me up as he walks off to the kitchen.