7

"Coffee?" I offer to my extremely hungover best friend as he walks out of his bedroom, groggy and looking like death warmed up right now. Rubbing his eyes with a yawn.

"Please" he throws himself down onto the sofa "what time did you get in?" He stretches out with another big yawn. Trying to force his eyes to stay open.

"Early. Wasn't really in the mood after my second shower in the club" i raise a brow at him, still not yet ready to forgive him for spraying me with his wine.

He shrugs it off, knowing I'll soon be over it. That i can't stay mad at him forever. "I met a guy last night!" he exclaims, suddenly sitting up straight on the sofa as i stand in front of him, passing him his mug of coffee. I stiffle a laugh, making him do  that feminine one shoulder shrug like it's no big deal. But his face and body language is saying different. He's honestly too cute sometimes.

"Not the bar tender?" i raise my brows at him with a disapproving look. Carl would eat him for breakfast, then go back for scraps - poor guy.

"The bar tender, yes!" he nods. Seeming extra pleased with him self, like he's done good.

"Please don't tell me you fucked on the first date" I come over like the annoying motherly figure again. Something he's always complained about. With him actually being a couple of months older than me. He hates it. But i know what he's like. An I'm forever having to tell him to be careful and make sure he's safe.

"Of course not" he laughs, looking at me through the corner of his eye before taking a sip of his drink. "It wasn't a first date so..." he pouts his lips, trying to hide his grin before he bursts into laughter.

"You're such a slag" i join him on the sofa, squating his arm before leaning into him, as i feel the warmth on him. I must of only had an hours sleep last night. I'm exhausted.

He reaches forward to place his drink down before he pulls me back into him so my back rests on his upper legs "And you're such a pussy" he stares down at me. Giving me that I'm-not-amused-look.

"What?" i shrug, defensive. Looking up at him now shaking his head at me "what?" i giggle. Acting dumb.

"You know what. Healy. Why you run?" he plonks his legs down on the coffee table infront, crossing one leg over the other from the ankle.

"Not this..." I go to sit up. Making it clear i don't want to go over anything to do with him. It's not like he's totally oblivious to what's going on. I told him about everything yesterday.

"Er-" he pulls me back down on to him. Refusing to let me move "I know he went after you last night. Spill, Smith" he glares down at me, eyes wide. Always greedy for information. And always seeming to know when something's wrong with me. Which there is. Him. "Tell me!" he barks when i keep quiet.

"Nothing" i say sheepish "he came round" I keep my eyes away from him as i speak, because accourding to Carl, my eyes are always a give away.

"And?" he pushes.

"And that's it" i shrug. Biting my bottom lip, trying to force any memory from last night away. His words. The torment. The tention. His.. offer.

"He came around, and?" he tries again, giving me that narrow eyed look to say 'don't-fuck-about-with-lying-to-me' i Sometimes hate just how much my bestfriend knows me.

"He offered me my job back"

He begins to laugh, "you do realise it's almost 11am" He reaches over picking his coffee back up.

"I didn't accept it... Not that he knows that..." i mumble the last part to myself. He keeps quiet, his eyes watching me. I know he's waiting for me to go on and carry on explaining. Becasue he knows i know he's just gonna ask the W question. I roll my eyes at him, taking in a deep breath before i go on... "He wants me to..." i pause, not able to have the same discussion we had last night - right now with my best friend. It's awkward, and embarrassing, damn it.