Chapter 6 - OLIVER

Chapter 6

Oliver

"just friends" 

*

The door opened with a dramatic bang.

"Get up, Oliver," Adeline said. "We're going out, and we're getting laid."

Oliver jumped in his bed, heart racing. "Jesus, Adeline. Next time can you knock before you barge in here."

"Sorry," Adeline said, "but what's the worst I could have seen? Your naked body?"

Oliver winked at her. "Actually, that would be a blessing, wouldn't it?"

Adeline rolled her eyes. "Be downstairs in fifteen." With that, she closed the door, and walked away.

Oliver flopped down in his bed. He'd been planning to spend the night in, messaging girls on his phone, because it had been a tiring day. But if Adeline insisted on going out with him, who was he to complain?

Honestly though, it was kind of surprising for Adeline to flat out say she wanted to screw somebody. She had been acting weird for the past couple of days, a little more quiet and withdrawn than usual. It was like something had been switched inside of her. He wasn't complaining though - going out with Adeline was always fun. Now that he thought about it, he was actually kind of excited.

He rolled out of bed and over to his closet. He'd only unpacked half of his things (he'd never been very organised, there were maids for that) so it took him a while to find a suitable shirt and pair of shorts. In the bathroom, he cleaned his teeth, styled his hair and added a spritz of some cologne. It was one Adeline once mentioned she liked the smell of.

Not that he was putting it on for her - if Adeline liked it, then other girls likely would too.

Finally, he headed down to where Adeline was waiting on a couch. She was in a summer dress like always, however this one was black and red and more sultry - perfect for the nighttime.

"You ready?" She asked once she stood up. They walked to the front door.

"Always," Oliver said. "Lucas and Selena are staying in?"

"Yeah, doing couple things," Adeline said with a wiggle of her brows.

"More fun for us," Oliver said. They got to the front door and opened it for Adeline.

"Thanks," she said. "I've already got us an Uber, it's waiting outside."

They got inside, and were taken into town, to a popular bar. They walked in together, and Oliver murmured a "good luck" to Adeline.

She smirked at him, and they separated, making it clear they were single.

As Oliver walked toward the bar, he surveyed his surroundings. Everywhere, people his age huddled in groups. By one wall, he saw a group of girls looking at him. He recognised that look - it was the look girls had when they saw someone cute. They all had their long hair out, and were wearing miniskirts and tiny tops, and frankly, they were cute.

After he got his drink, he walked over to them, slowly and confidently.

"Ladies," he said when he arrived.

"Hey," they said.

He raised his brows. "Australian?"

"Yeah," one girl said. "Are you from England?"

"How could you tell?" Oliver laughed.

"I love your accent," another girl said. "I'm Emma, by the way."