PART XIII - VULNERABLE

The sexual attraction between Elle and Tre had bled out. There was so much of nothing between them that Liz was actually being nice to him. No one wants a broken women. Right now Elle was a thousand piece puzzle scattered on a table. Nobody had time for that. Nobody accept for Jesse.

There'd always been sparks between Elle and Tre. Now Elle found it impossible to read anything but concern in his eyes. No attraction, frustration, nothing. He made no effort to touch her or leave lingering looks and they didn't even get caught up in flirty bickering. Their relationship was changing.

Elle could tell by her fathers sentiment that things were looking up and they were closing in on Rinna. Morale was up between all three of them and Rico even agreed to take Liz to the mall to get some things.

As much as Elle wanted a change of scenery she could appreciate the peace of an empty house. She runs herself a bath lighting a candle for Jesse. Strange as seems, it was one of their rituals. Before a big night at the club. Elle would soak in a bath of Jesses special youth serum while he smoked herbal cigarettes and painted her nails whatever colour for her costume for the night. They'd blast music and he'd spend time doing his hair however his heart desired. Once her polish was dry she'd shower off the soap from the bath and sit at the vanity crafting her hairstyles to match the pageantry.

The memories always made her happy. Jesse always made her feel strong. They laughed and played and appreciated the life they'd built together.

There's a knock at the door.

"Yes?" She responds out of her reverie.

"I'm back" Tre checks in.

"Okay, I'll be out in a bit" she responds letting the water drain. Apologies were in order. She'd been nasty and cold to Tre when all he wanted to do was help her. So what if he didn't feel the same anymore? Jesse would turn in his grave if she ever turned into a bitter bitch. Punishing him for not wanting her anymore wasn't right. He didn't deserve that. Stepping into the shower she runs through the right words in her head.

I'm sorry for being a jerk. I should have handled things better?

I was upset at things changing between us? No too sappy.

Sighing Elle holds her head back letting the water run down her hair until a draft hits making her open her eyes.

"For fuck sake!" She gasps hand on heart seeing Tre.

"Just checking on you" he reasons.

"Okay" she laughs looking at him. "Now, fuck off" Elle laughs recovering from her fright. His eyes brighten at her spirits as she finger detangles her hair looking at him. "Bye Tre" she turns getting the shampoo and feeling her hair revert to its kinks until she hears the shower door open. Another draft hits before it closes. Her temperature rises.

"You done being bitchy?" He asks as his finger leaves a train of goosebumps down her spine that stop at her tailbone.

"Bitchy, no. Mean, yes." She reasons continuing to rinse her hair unassumingly.

"Is that a sorry?" He asks stepping under the water stream too.

"Only for being mean, nothing else" Elle specifies as he peaks her senses - standing behind her with all the hardware to relieve her nerves.

"I don't care about apologies Elle. As long as you're okay" he comments with a hand on her hip. His eyes roam her body. It was perfect to him. The way the water ran down her glistening full figure, the steam and the familiar feeling of how she made him feel makes his dick stand at attention. Miscommunication, fizzling chemistry.