Chapter 26 - Piece of Peace

"Fuck, baby, just hang on. I'm going to call hyung and an ambulance okay?"

Taehyung nodded weakly and allowed Jungkook to pick him up in his arms and lay him down in bed. He quickly dialled an ambulance and then Hoseok, who said he would be on his way. 10 agonizing minutes later and the ambulance had arrived. Jungkook had been keeping Tae awake, his body temperature had shot up and his breathing was becoming shaky.

Jungkook jumped into the ambulance with Taehyung and let Hoseok know to meet them at the hospital. He held onto Taehyungs hand as he drifted off, his eyes closing tightly. Jungkook let a few tears fall when he was sure Taehyung wouldn't be able to see him as the ambulance drove faster to the ER. Once they were here, Jungkook requested Dr Choi who immediately took Taehyung into one of the rooms.

It had been 15 minutes and Hoseok came bursting through the waiting room doors and running over to where Jungkook was sat.

"What happened?"

"I don't know hyung, one minute we were in bed and the next, he was hunched over the toilet seat, vomiting. When I went to check on him, he was bleeding. I couldn't have been that rough, I wouldn't, I wouldn't have hurt Tae. Hyung you have to believe me", Jungkook spoke quickly, blaming himself for Taehyungs condition.

"I do believe you Jungkook, he's just having a hard pregnancy. Don't blame yourself".

"Mr Jeon?", the doctor spoke, interrupting the two.

"Yes? Is he okay?"

"He'll be fine but I have something to discuss with you"

"What is it?" Hoseok asked, clearly impatient.

"We've run some tests and it's clear to see why Mr Kim is having a hard time. It seems that he is carrying a True Blood Alpha".

"That can't be right, Taehyung is an omega, how could he possibly?"

"I understand your confusion and believe me, we were astonished too but it wouldn't be the first time this has happened. The alpha bloodline is strong in your family Mr Jeon and if there is a Prime in the family, this could very well be possible".

Hoseok and Jungkook looked at each other before the doctor continued.

"His body may be too weak to carry the baby so we will have to prescribe some medication and he will have to come in for a check up once a week. If his condition doesn't improve, then he will have to check in twice a week".

"Is there a risk to Taehyung or the baby?", Jungkook asked.

"There is a small risk but it is only a 15% chance, otherwise, both the parent and baby should be fine once it is time for the birth".

Jungkook and Hoseok both let out a breath of relief and held onto each other for support but couldn't help but have a small amount of worry plague the back of their minds over Taehyungs condition.

"Can we see him?"

"He should be up in an hour or so but we'll need to run further tests"

"Thank you doctor", both Jungkook and Hoseok bowed as the doctor made his way out of the room.

"Hyung, is this because I'm a prime?"

"Yes Jungkook, it seems that way. I knew something was off with Tae but I didn't want to say anything unless I was completely sure".

"I can't believe I've done this to him, I've hurt him again when I promised I wouldn't"

"You haven't done anything wrong Jungkook, you met your mate and he's carrying your pup, there is nothing wrong with what you did and after what the two of you have been through it would be crazy for Taehyung not to pull through from this, he is so strong Jungkook and will only get stronger with this, believe me".