Chapter 30 - A Brand New Day

Taehyung opened the refrigerator to find it full to the brim with groceries, he tilted his head in confusion before calling out for Jungkook.

"Kookie?!"

"Yes baby?", Jungkook came running into the kitchen, looking around to make sure everything was okay.

"Did you go shopping? The refrigerator is packed"

"No? Hoseok hyung must have when we were out. I'll give him the money for it. He's paid for so much already"

"You're so sweet Kookie," Taehyung cooed as he panted a delicate kiss on his nose, leaving his mate blushing.

He turned back into the kitchen and pulled out some ingredients to cook dinner. He made a beef and radish stew, some rice and a few simple side dishes. He made sure to keep some plain for himself, he's never been one for spicy food. He looked back at all his work and was happy with the outcome. Hoseok had been teaching him how to cook and he knew he would be proud. He took some pictures and sent them to Hoseok with a thank you note for all the groceries and promise to pay him back. Taehyung finished up the cleaning and went back upstairs to get changed into something more presentable.

He slipped into some comfortable black slacks and a navy-blue jumper, he checked his hair and quickly sprayed some mist onto his face before coming back down and finding Jungkook sat in some black pants and a blue silk shirt, cuddling Jongin on the couch.

"You ready baby?" Jungkook asked, not even looking up at Taehyung, completely consumed by the baby in his arms.

"Yes baby, what time is your mom getting here?"

"Any minute now, let me put my little love down and we'll greet her together"

Once Jongin was tucked away in his bassinet, Jungkook straightened himself out and as if on cue, the doorbell rang. Jungkook quickly ran over to Taehyung and answered the door with him. His mom was stood elegantly, dressed in a plain long black dress, her wrists and neck adorned with diamonds and her long black hair fell into waves behind her shoulders. Taehyung looked behind her and saw a black car with tinted windows, outside stood two men, dressed in black suits, watching carefully as they greeted Jungkooks mom.

"Mother, welcome to our home" Jungkook spoke first and moved aside to let her into the house.

"Thank you both for allowing me into your home and giving me the chance to make things right"

"Mrs Jeon- "

"Call me mom, please"

"Oh, erm, I"

"I think was Taehyung is trying to say mom is that, we're both happy to have you in our lives and we know you had nothing to do with what happened. You're Jongins grandmother and you should be a part of his life"

Jiyeons expression went from shocked to happy. She ran over to them and pulled them both into a hug, they hesitated for a moment but hugged her back. When she pulled away, she had small tears in the corners of her eyes. She quickly sniffed them away and thanked them again.

"Mom, I should apologise for that day. I didn't mean to hurt you, I just- "

Jiyeon interrupted Jungkook by placing a tender hand onto his cheek, "You have nothing to apologise for, you were protecting your family, and no one could ever blame you for that"

Taehyung watched the two had their little moment, a fond smile playing on his lips.

"Now, where is my grandson?"

"Oh! Over here" Taehyung carefully lifted Jongin out of his basket and showed him off proudly to his grandmother.

"Goodness, isn't he just the most beautiful thing? Jungkook, he looks so much like you as a baby with Taehyungs beautiful eyes. He is just perfect"