3

A growl penetrated the silence. We had arrived at the scene where the angry demon was on a rampage. "Minna, let's go!" 'Monster' yelled. Everyone charged, except for me. I found myself shaking. 'I can't do this anymore...' I thought. The demon roared as the rest of my team attacked all around it, weakening its defenses.

With a trembling hand, I whispered, "F-fire Dragon's Iron Fist." I stumbled towards the demon, my hand barely being set alight. I weakly punched it, but it had no effect. The fire immediately went out upon contact, and I felt useless.

"Get it together!" Ice princess yelled. I tried to croak out an "okay", but my mouth didn't even move. Ice princess cursed under his breath and continued attacking. I inched away from the battle.

Why can't I do anything? Is it because I miss you? You, with your warm brown eyes and your beautiful smile that made my heart beat faster? I know I can't blame it on you, because it was my fault. You were half of my heart, and now that you're gone, I can't seem to pull myself together. It's like...I lost myself.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I ran away from the battle, tears forming at my eyes. I want you right now...I need you right now.