6

I quickly dodged as the demon lunged at me, it's eyes full of rage. Looking back into the past, those eyes remind me of the ones I saw after I kicked you off our team. She had them too. As of now, we remain completely neutral, but she has no love for me anymore. But I can still see those eyes sometimes...

I snapped out of my thoughts as Erza stabbed the demon. The rest of the team got into action, and began using a strategic array of attacks. This fighting...this spirit...this unity, it all reminded of how things used to be. We would try defeating the enemy, and I would end up doing something stupid, and you would chastise me, but in the end we would all collapse into a mountain of laughter.

Did you ever smile these past couple years?

Did you ever laugh these past couple years?

...I didn't. Because I was dumb and worthless and I never truly forgave myself.

I looked at all of my comrades. They're doing all of this...for me, and for you. Why can't I find myself so I can do it for you too?

"(Me)! Look out!" Happy screamed.

A ball of magic lurched towards my chest...my heart. Everything turned into slow-motion. I was too stunned to move.

My mind laughed shakily. 'So this is how you're gonna die, (Me). Looks like this is the end."

Then, a blur rushed in front of me...an action I could never forgive myself for.