+3+

"She's a speeder, a leader
You're really gotta meet her
You see her, she thrills you
You look at her she'll kill you"
-Born Late '58, Mott The Hoople

*Hailey takes care of Jimmy while he's drunk.*

Hailey and Jimmy had decided to take a taxi to go back to Plumpton, since Jimmy seemed a little too intoxicated to walk. During the ride, Hailey was able to figure out that Jimmy definitely had a little too much alcohol.

"Why didn't you have anything?" Jimmy had asked.

"I didn't feel like any alcohol." Hailey had answered.

"God, you're boring."

When Jimmy and Hailey had arrived at Plumpton, Hailey had to help him walk. When they got to the front porch, Hailey had helped Jimmy with the steps, so he couldn't fall. When they got inside, the first thing on Hailey's mind was getting Jimmy to a spot to lay down.

"I can walk fine, Hailey."

"No you can't, Jimmy. You're drunk."

Jimmy rolled his eyes. "I'm not drunk."

Hailey sighed. "Yes, you are. If you weren't drunk, you wouldn't be relying on me to help you walk before you end up falling over."

Hailey guided Jimmy over to the couch. "Now, slowly sit down." She instructed.

Once Jimmy had done so, Hailey started to feel a little relieved.

"Do you feel tired at all?" She asked. "I mean, it is pretty late."

Jimmy sighed. "I feel slightly like shit." He answered. "Other than that, I'm perfectly fine, and don't need to be worried about."

"Well, you should sleep then." Hailey suggested. "By the time you wake up, you'll feel fine."

Jimmy shook his head. "I've been drunk many times before, Hailey. After you wake up, it's like a heroin high. You feel like shit and you feel like you want to just curl up in a ball and just die."

Hailey shrugged. "You have to deal with it, Jimmy." She said. "It's your fault for getting yourself drunk. You either sleep, or get something into your system, like food."

"I would prefer cocaine." Jimmy responded. "Or heroin."

Hailey rolled her eyes. "You're not taking that route." She said. "That'll only make you feel even worse. Besides, drugs and alcohol is a deadly combination."

"Well, I'm not hungry." Jimmy said. "I never usually have an appetite, and I don't feel like sleeping."

Hailey tried to think of something, and then she had an idea.

"Well, would you at least care for some tea?"

Jimmy seemed to consider for a few moments, and then nodded. "I guess I'll have some tea."

A smile spread on Hailey's face. "Well, that's something." She said. "Better than nothing at all."

Jimmy shrugged. "I guess."

Hailey then tried to think. "Do you have any preferences for what's in your tea?" She asked.

"I usually pour a bit of Jack Daniels in it." Jimmy answered. "Other than that, I don't really have any 'preferences'."

Hailey bit her bottom lip in consideration. "Are you sure that's a good idea for now?" She asked. "More alcohol in your system isn't a good idea."

Jimmy took a deep breath. "Well, I guess I don't need any alcohol for now, then." He said. "I guess I don't need to get even more drunk."

Hailey's smile returned. "Well, I'll make the tea then."

***

After Hailey had given Jimmy his tea, Jimmy seemed to feel a little better, and it helped Hailey feel better too.

"You're really good at making tea." Jimmy said, a smile forming on his face. "This is perfect."

Hailey smiled. "I'm glad you like it." She said. "Is there anything else you need?"

Jimmy shook his head. "I don't think there's anything else." He answered. "I think I'll probably sleep after this."

"You should probably sleep on a bed, then." Hailey suggested. "It'd be more comfortable."

"I'll be fine here. I'd just sleep anywhere at this point."

Hailey nodded. "Well, if you say so. Anyways, I'm tired, so I'm going to head to sleep."

Jimmy looked sad. "Can't you sleep here?" He asked.

Hailey's smile returned. "Well, I guess. I'll sleep across from you on the other couch."

Jimmy frowned. "What about over here?"

"Alright, fine."

Hailey went over to sit next to Jimmy on the couch. She decided that she would sleep once Jimmy was done with his tea and had decided to fall asleep too. Hailey put her head on Jimmy's shoulder, and she felt calm, and happy. She was happy about being able to stay with Jimmy at Plumpton, and she liked being able to stay with him in general. Hailey's mother had gave her permission to drop out of high school so she could be with Jimmy (which he had wanted), but Rowan didn't seem really happy about not being able to really see Hailey much anymore.

Once Jimmy had finished the tea, he put the mug on the table and lay down, resting his head on Hailey's lap. Hailey gently stroked Jimmy's hair, and then she felt her sleepiness start to get to her. She closed her eyes, and fell asleep.

This chapter was shorter than normal chapters but that's okay. It was still close to 1K words.