+5+

"Baby I'm yours
And I'll be yours until the stars fall from the sky
Yours until the rivers all run dry
In other words, until I die"
-Baby I'm Yours, Barbara Lewis

*Excited about her engagement, Hailey decides to call her mom and Rowan, only to get some devastating news.*

So, will you do me a favor and...marry me?

Tears were starting to come out of Hailey's eyes at this point, and she couldn't hold them back any longer. She couldn't believe what was happening right now at this very moment, and what she was feeling right now, she couldn't even describe.

"Jimmy, are you serious?" Hailey asked, starting to cover her mouth in surprise, the smile on her face growing.

"Yes, I'm serious."

"Jimmy, of course I'll marry you!"

A smile spread on Jimmy's face, and Hailey hurriedly got off the bed, wrapping her arms around Jimmy in a hug.

"I can't believe that this is actually happening." Hailey said. "I never knew that this was going to happen, never in my life."

Jimmy took Hailey's hand and put the ring on her. "Well, guess what? It's happened."

Hailey looked at her hand, admiring the ring on her finger. "Jimmy, this is beautiful."

"It may be a beautiful ring, but it'll never be as beautiful as you."

Hailey tried to hide the blushing she was starting to do. She looked at the phone behind her, and instantly, she was beginning to get ideas. I have to tell my mom and Rowan, they'll be happy to hear this.

Hailey looked back at Jimmy. "I'm going to call my mom and Rowan, my best friend, if that's okay with you." She said. "I guarantee they'll both be really happy to hear about this."

Jimmy's prior smile returned. "Go ahead. I don't mind."

Hailey smiled and went over to the phone, quickly dialing her mom's number. Hailey eagerly waited for her to pick up. It didn't take too long before Hailey got an answer.

"Hey, mom!" Hailey said.

"Hey, kiddo. I haven't heard from you in a while. How are you doing?"

"Great." Hailey replied.

"You sound rather happy. Did anything happen?"

Hailey nodded. "Indeed." She answered. "Can you guess?"

"Um...I can't really think of anything."

"I got engaged!"

"Wait, really?! To Jimmy?"

"Mhm."

"Oh my God. That's amazing! I'm so happy to hear that."

"I'm also going to tell Rowan. I guarantee she's going to be really happy as well."

There was a pause, which confused Hailey, and she started feeling a small amount of worry.

"Mom? You there?"

"Yea, it's just...I don't think you'll be able to call Rowan."

"What do you mean?" Hailey asked, raising an eyebrow. "Did something happen?"

"Rowan got into a car accident last night. Her mom told me."

"Really?"

Hailey started to feel tears forming in her eyes, and they were tears of sadness this time.