+13+

"I'd like to love you, and together we'd find
The place we've been looking for, we'll have peace of mind
And there we'll be happy, and there I'll know why
I knew I'd want you, oh yeah, oh yeah"
-I Knew I'd Want You by the Byrds

*As time passes, Hailey is starting to change. Robert and the others notice this, and become concerned.*

told in two pov's

Robert's POV

When Robert had made Hailey tea, she seemed to not come out of her room after that, except to put the teacup back. She had claimed she was going to bed, which was understandable for Robert, since it was getting late.

However, after Hailey woke up the next day, that's when everything started to seem...different. It was mainly Hailey who seemed different, and it confused Robert a little. Jonesy and Bonzo were also confused.

Robert would observe Hailey when he could to see if he could figure out what was going on. All he was able to witness was Hailey behaving almost...depressive. She didn't really speak much, and barely smiled anymore. To Robert, it seemed...scary, in a way. Hailey seemed sad almost all of the time, and was somewhat never happy. When Hailey wasn't around, Robert decided to talk to Bonzo and Jonesy about his concerns. They all sat on the couch together.

"Something's wrong." Robert said. "With Hailey. Have you guys noticed her behavior?"

Jonesy and Bonzo exchanged slightly nervous glances and then looked back at Robert, nodding.

"Yeah." Jonesy answered. "Something's definitely not right. Hailey's acting depressive, in a way. I think it's because she can't stop worrying about Jimmy."

"If she keeps worrying, she's going to get sick." Robert said. "Jimmy would not want that. It seems like there's almost nothing we can do. The only form of helping Hailey let me do was make her tea, and that was it."

"Maybe we should get her out of the house." Jonesy suggested. "That way she's not cooped up."

"Would she really want to get out of the house with how she's feeling right now?" Robert asked.

Jonesy shrugged. "I don't know. The only way you'd know is if you asked her yourself. See if she wants to go for a walk or something, or maybe ask her if she wants to go to a bar with us."

"I don't think alcohol is a good idea." Robert said. "If she feels worse, or still feels sad, she may end up getting attached to the alcohol as a way of losing the pain."

Jonesy seemed to consider what Robert was saying. "You have a point."

"At this point, I think asking her if she wants to go for a walk will help." Robert said. "I'll go ask her. You guys stay here if she accepts."

Jonesy and Bonzo nodded, and then Robert got up, looking for Hailey. An open door caught his eye, and he went towards it. It was a room, but not Hailey's. It was Jimmy's. Robert felt his heart break a little again, but he knew that he had to help Hailey feel better. Her behavior was worrisome now.

"Hey, Hailey. How are you feeling?" Robert asked.

"Not better, that's for sure." Hailey answered, sighing. Her voice didn't sound normal, either. It sounded solemn.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Robert offered. "You could probably use one right now. Perhaps getting out of the house will put you in a better mood."

Hailey raised an eyebrow. "Would it really?"

"There's lots of nice places here in England." Robert said. "Trust me. You need to get out of the house for a bit. It'll help."

"Fine."

Robert watched as Hailey got up and followed him out of Jimmy's room, and outside. It wasn't extremely cold, and there was a light breeze instead.

"I haven't been drawing lately." Hailey then said, not making eye contact with Robert.

"How come?" Robert asked.

"I've lost the motivation to draw." Hailey replied. "When I've tried to bring myself to, I couldn't do it. All my creativity just...disappeared. My mood's just so...down, and drawing usually makes me happy, but it doesn't anymore."

"What about music?"

Hailey shook her head. "Music hasn't helped either. I just feel so...empty."

"Hailey, listen. Jimmy will eventually get better, and I guarantee he's probably doing a little better already."

"But...but he's probably feeling as sad as I do, since he can't see me, and he doesn't know how I'm doing."

Robert sighed. "He'll only be in the hospital for a few days or about a week. I think he can handle that...hopefully."

What am I supposed to do? She's completely changed.

"Anyways, every time I try not to think about Jimmy, he just enters my mind again." Hailey said. "It's too difficult to not think about him. When I sleep is the only time I feel normal, nowadays."

"You'll get used to it, eventually."

Robert was tempted to tell Hailey she needed something to drink, and he had a feeling it would help, but he was just worried about her turning to alcohol as a form of coping.

Well, she's smart enough not to use it as a form of coping. She hasn't had any alcohol from what I've seen.

"Hailey, I think you could probably use a drink right now. There's a bar nearby."

That seemed to get Hailey's attention. She finally made eye contact with Robert.

"You're right. I could use a drink right now."

"We can head to the bar, but you're not having too much. I don't want anything to go too far."

A small smile formed on Hailey's face. "I'll only have a small amount, I promise."

Hailey's POV

When Hailey and Robert had arrived at the bar, she got a beer for herself, and went to sit next to Robert, who also had a beer with him. Hailey only felt slightly better, but still a little sad, but felt more distracted.

"Feeling any better yet?" Robert asked.

Hailey shrugged. "Kind of."

"Well, that's better than not feeling better at all." Robert said. "After this, we'll head back. Sound good?"

Hailey nodded. "Yeah."

Robert smiled. "Okay, good."

Once Hailey felt a little more comfortable and ready to head back, she told Robert, and then together, they headed out of the bar and back to Plumpton.