+9+

"And he was just like a great dark wing
Within the wings of a storm
I think I had met my match, he was singing
And undoing, and undoing the laces
Undoing the laces"
-Sara, Fleetwood Mac

*Hailey tries to sleep, but only starts worrying about Rowan again instead. Jimmy makes an effort to comfort her.*

Hailey found it difficult to try and fall asleep. When she tried to sleep, she was only able to start worrying about Rowan. Hailey would try calming herself down, but it hardly worked.

Hailey noticed Jimmy was still asleep, and she didn't want to wake him up with her crying if she had to cry. Hailey had a feeling she was going to start crying sooner or later, and she could already feel the tears forming in her eyes. She gave in, and started to cry.

Jimmy heard Hailey crying and sat up. Instantly, he seemed concerned.

"Hailey, what's going on?" He asked.

Hailey turned around and looked at Jimmy. She despised crying in front of people, and didn't want to have Jimmy see her like this.

Jimmy pulled Hailey into a hug, kissing her on her forehead.

"You know I hate seeing you like this." He said. "I don't like seeing you all upset. It breaks my heart."

"I-I'm worried about R-Rowan." Hailey said, sniffling and trying to keep herself under control, to no avail.

"She's going to be alright, I promise."

"N-no. S-she w-won't. I w-worry that s-she'll...die."

Jimmy gave Hailey another gentle kiss on the forehead.

"She's not going to die. Try to tell yourself that Rowan won't die. She'll be back to normal soon."

"W-what if her i-injuries are w-worse than I th-thought?"

"I guarantee they're not, Hailey." Jimmy answered. "You don't need to worry so much. If you keep fretting over this, you're going to make yourself sick."

Hailey started to feel herself calming down, and she felt her tears starting to go away.

"You're...you're right." She said. "I just can't help but worry a little every so often, though. I haven't been told anything, and Rowan just means a lot to me."

"Hey, as long as you have me, you're going to be okay." Jimmy said. "Everything's going to get better, I promise you. You just need to have faith that everything will improve, and hope for the best."

Hailey started feeling more calm, and not as upset. She felt better just having Jimmy simply try to comfort her and tell her everything would be okay. She didn't need him to try to relate to make her feel better. All she really needed was Jimmy simply being there, which he was doing, and it made her feel not as worried and upset.

Once Jimmy and Hailey separated from the hug, Jimmy looked Hailey directly in the eyes.

"Promise me that you'll tell yourself that everything will be okay." He said. "I want you to feel more positive."

A smile started to form on Hailey's face, which brought a smile to Jimmy's face too.

"I promise."

"Good." Jimmy said. "Is there anything else I can do to help you feel better? I'm willing to do anything just to make you feel better."

"I think you just talking to me helped a lot." Hailey replied. "I really appreciated that."

"You can talk to me about anything that's troubling you." Jimmy said. "I'm always there for you if you need me. You mean everything to me, and I want to always be able to help you."

Hailey's smile grew. "Thank you. I really appreciate everything you've done for me, and I appreciate you just being there for me."

Jimmy and Hailey hugged each other again for a few moments. When they broke the hug, Jimmy took Hailey's hand and held it.

"Try to fall back asleep if you can." He said. "If you can't, that's okay. I'm used to staying up anyway, honestly. We could always just go for a walk or something."

"I think I'll try to sleep." Hailey answered. "I don't want to get sick or anything from not getting enough sleep."

Jimmy's smile returned. "Good choice."

The two of them then laid back down, and Hailey closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Eventually, she was able to sleep again, and she wasn't worrying anymore. She had more faith that things were going to get better, and that Rowan was going to manage to fully recover.

Apologies for this chapter being a little short, but I also wanted to update this again as quick as possible. Things are eventually going to start getting emotional, though. Like, even more emotional than it kind of already is.

Hailey, if you thought Rowan getting in a car accident was bad, you got an even worse thing coming your way 😔