+16+

"I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life"
-Happy Together by the Turtles

*Hailey eventually wakes up from her unconsciousness and she sees Jimmy, who hasn't left her side.*

will be told in hailey's pov only. this is also the last chapter of you shook me, before the epilogue (which will be very happy, i promise).

It had been a few days since Hailey had been taken to the hospital after attempting suicide, and she had been in a coma for all of those days. Jimmy had barely left her side ever since, and was always watching over her, awaiting the day Hailey would finally wake up. Whenever he was tired, Jimmy would sleep on the couch by the bed.

It had been the fourth day since Hailey had been in a coma, and that day, her brain had decided to start functioning normally again, and she had officially woken up. Once her eyes opened, she looked around the room, noticing she was in a hospital room. Then, she noticed Jimmy laying on the couch, asleep. Hailey weakly tried to say his name, but she couldn't. Jimmy seemed to hear her, though, and he woke up, heading over to her.

"You're...you're awake." He said, a smile starting to appear on his face. As well, tears started to form in his eyes, but they were different than sad tears. They were happy tears. Tears of joy.

"Wh...wh...why am I here?" Hailey asked.

Jimmy's expression changed, as if he had remembered something sad.

"You attempted suicide." He answered. "You...you had to get your stomach pumped."

"Wait...what?"

Hailey's memory slowly started coming back to her. She remembered when Bonzo, Jonesy, and Robert were at Plumpton with her. Then, she started to remember when she got a bottle of Jack Daniel's, a beer, and vodka, but she couldn't remember anything else after that. She remembered feeling sad over Jimmy's overdose, really sad.

Wait a second.

Hailey felt tears starting to form in her eyes.

"You're...you're..."

"Yes, I'm okay." Jimmy said, his smile returning to his face. "I'm okay."

Hailey sat up a little so she could give Jimmy a hug. She still felt too weak to be able to sit up completely, though. Then, she laid back down on the bed, and Jimmy held her hand, a tear falling from his eye.

"I've been here the entire time." He said, voice breaking. "I've barely left your side at all. Every single day, the entire time you were in a coma."

"R-really?"

Jimmy nodded. "I couldn't bear to leave you. I just can't do it."

Then, Jimmy paused for a few moments before speaking again.

"P-please forgive me."

"Forgive you for what?" Hailey asked.

"For the...for the overdose." Jimmy answered. "I didn't mean for all of this to h-happen. We're...we're supposed to be together."

Hailey squeezed Jimmy's hand, and then wiped a tear from his eye. "It's okay."

"N-no. It's not okay. You tried to...you tried to kill yourself."

"I...I know. It's not your fault."

There was a brief period of silence, before Hailey spoke up again.

"When...when you were in the hospital, did you ever think of me?"

Jimmy kissed Hailey's hand and then looked her in the eyes.

"There wasn't a single day that went by where I didn't think of you." He answered. "I thought about you all the time, and I didn't know how I was going to manage."

"But you did manage."

"I did, but it was tough. Very tough. But, I blame myself for everything that has happened. I didn't mean for you to try and commit suicide because you were...you were depressed, because you missed me."

"Don't blame yourself. It's my own fault."

"D-don't say that."

Hailey swallowed. "I'm...I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Hailey." Jimmy said, and then a small smile formed on his face, even though his eyes were clouded over with tears. "Listen. Everything's going to be okay. Everything's going to be alright again when we go back home. Next...next year, we'll get married, and then maybe we'll...maybe we'll have our own family."

"Our own family?" Hailey asked. "Are you sure?"

Jimmy nodded. "Maybe you could even become a musician one day once I teach you how to play guitar."

A weak smile formed on Hailey's face. "I think that would be nice."

"Anyways, how are you feeling?" Jimmy asked.

Hailey sighed. "Weak. Tired. I don't feel sick, but I still don't really feel the best. My body kind of hurts."

Jimmy's smile disappeared, and he looked sorrowful now.

"You poor thing." He said. "I still blame myself for this all happening. You have no idea how much regret I'm feeling."

"I'm just a weak person. I just can't handle being away from you, and I let things get to me."

"I can't handle being away from you either, Hailey." Jimmy said, and just as his tears had started to disappear, they came back again. "When...when I saw you laying on the floor in the kitchen, I felt like a part of me...died. It stayed that way until you woke up. I thought...I thought I was going to lose you."

Jimmy's voice then started to break again. "If I...if I lost you, I wouldn't be able to go on anymore. You're the only person keeping me together. Without you, I'm lost."

Hailey wiped the tears from Jimmy's eyes. "Hey, hey, it's okay." She said. "I'm alive. You're alive. We're both okay."

"Don't do that again. Please. I don't want to lose you again. I can't."

"I won't, Jimmy. I promise. Now that you're here, I can be my normal self again."

aight y'all so that's the last chapter for you shook me. coming up next is the epilogue :)