1

"Hey mom," Beyonce greeted her mother at the kitchen counter.

Tina didn't turn around, choosing to focus on not burning the sweet Bacon that sizzled and crackled on the stove. "You know that sweet girl is coming today."

Beyonce grinned, "Yep! I can't wait to meet her. I wonder what she is like. Will she want to paint her nails with me or have girl talks about boys? She'll be the sister I never had."

"Wait, now. Onika has probably been through a lot. Don't expect her to be well mannered, okay?"

"Okay mom." Beyonce's optimistic view didn't change.

"Well I better get ready for school." She snatched a piece of Bacon off the pan running to evade her mothers heavy hand.

__________________
That Afternoon

Beyonce dropped her book bag off at the door before slowly trudging into the living room. Cheer had tired her out and she was just ready for her mom to comfort her. She plopped down on the couch and laid her head down on her mothers lap.

"Cheer was so tiring mom," I sighed.

"You missed her by a lot," A curt voice spoke from above me I quickly raised my head but hit the bottom of her chin. Her bottom and top row of teeth connected and soon her face turned red.

"Yo! Watch what you doing!" she pointed her finger in my face. Her brown eyes were blazing as she glared at me.

"I-I'm sorry," I stammer.

Comment your thoughts:

Keep or trash?

Vote to show love.

Follow to support.