6

Beyoncé slowly stepped inside of Nicki's room. She was tightly wrapped in her blankets engrossed in her phone.

Plopping down Beyoncé tapped her thigh to let her know she was there.

"What did she make you do?"

Nicki looked up, a permanent scowl on her face, "I had to go apologize to Kim and her mother for what happened. When I got there Kim was bitchin and acting liked I killed her hoe ass--"

"Hey, it's okay don't get riled up or let mama hear you cussing," Beyoncé grabbed her hand. She could still she how Nicki was sort of resistant but then she just blushed and sat up.

"So you gone help me study language arts or what?" Nicki grabbed her homework from out of her bag and plopped it on Beyoncé's lap, looking up at her expectantly.

"Hey! I'll help you but I'm not doing the work for you. Let's let that be known right here."

Beyoncé scooted next to Nicki so that they were sitting side my side. There was no space between them and secretly Nicki didn't mind.

"So for real what is a run on? We ain't learn none of that from my old school."

Beyoncé looked up curiously. "Where are you from?"

"New York. I grew up in Queens."

"Oh."

"You don't seemed surprised."

"Well your personality is so rough around the edges so yeah I'm not surprised."

"Hmm, well what about you? Born and raised here."

"How'd you know?"

"You seem like a Houston baby," Nicki smiled which Beyoncé became more entranced with. She loved Nicki's smile because she didn't get to see it often.

"Alright but for real what is a run on."

It's been a minuteeeeee.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?