3

So this was the first time she was going to school with me and I could tell she was nervous. Her arms were stuck to her sides and her fists clenched in a ball.

She walked closer to me than she normally would and she kept talking to me so she wouldn't pay attention to the stares.

"What's your schedule?" she asked.

"We just looked. Stop being a baby and come on." I froze internally. Did I really just say that to her face? Looking at her she seemed to be contemplating whether she should beat my ass or ignore me.

Thankfully she accepted the latter and pulled out her schedule studying it.  I grabbed my phone from my back pocket opening the Snapchat app and started to record her.

"Freshman!" I squeaked. She looked up and swatted my phone laughing as well.

"Man I can't even look at my schedule. You're such a headass!" she giggled. She forgot all about the stares and the stress of finding her classes as we walked to our first one. Geometry.

Mrs. Union was a good teacher but a strict one. "I'm actually learning," Nicki told me as she watched the teacher talk about the Pythagorean Theorem and how to use it.

Nicki seemed to be getting everything right but it was hard for me.  "After school can you go over this with me? I don't get it," I admitted looking down at my notes in shame.

"Hey there's nothing to worry about. I'm bad in Literature so you can laugh then," she chuckled. I laughed too.

Later on in the day I realized I was the only one who got the privilege of seeing Nicki nice. She was still mean as hell.

We were sitting at lunch when Kim and her posse approached.

"Oh look who it is!" she feigned surprise, "the freak made a little friend."

I looked down In embarrassment. I probably just ruined Nicki's chance of meeting and making friends here.

"What did you just say?" Nicki was all up in Kim's face. She scoffed and looked at her friends behind her nervously.

"Bitch was I talking to you," she laughed. Her group laughed as well backing her up with mean scowls plastered on their lips.

"Well I'm talking to you. When you talk to me you address me by my name. Onika," she spat. She was even more mad then the day we met.

"Bitch no one cares," Kim rolled her eyes.

Nicki looked back at me, not a smile on her lips, "Did I tell her my name or not?" The question was rhetorical so I didn't answer. Nicki turned around and punched Kim dead in the nose before she started to wail on her.

Oh my god. 

Comment your thoughts:

Vote to show love.

Follow to support.