2

Ever since that day she's been quiet. She stays in her room and only comes out for dinner. She doesn't eat breakfast or lunch only dinner. Sometimes I make her something for breakfast which I'm doing now.

I place her waffles on a plate and carry the syrup and utensils up to her room. I knock and her icy voice calls out, "What?!"

Pushing open the door I set everything on her desk under her uncomfortable stare and then I quickly turn to leave. "Wait-" her voice is hesitant and nervous.

"Why are you so nice to me?"

I turn around and smile at her softly, "Everyone deserves to be treated nicely. Especially you," I walked out and went in my room hoping a shower would get rid of the butterflies and nerves in my stomach.

It didn't as I stood looking at myself in only a towel, hair dripping water down my back I thought of her. The way she licked her lips when she was nervous or just ate something good. How she always had a permanent smirk on her face even when she was mad. She was awesome.

Maybe she'll act more nice to me today.

I got ready putting on some light blue jeans with my white fuzzy cropped jacket and my white boots. I then straightened my hair and applied lipgloss. Grabbing my bookbag I yelled to her room like I did everyday.

"Nicki! Let's go!"

She walked out ready as with a red T-shirt some jeans and her red Huaraches. "I been telling you about calling me that."

Yesterday she would have scream at me but today she just gave me a annoyed eye roll. Things were looking up. 

"I know but its so pretty and fits you perfectly," she laughed and looked down a blush forming on her cheeks.

"You just called me pretty," she giggled. I got a giggle out of her? That's crazy.

"Yep so get used to it," I turned around heading downstairs out the door, her not to far behind me.

Comment your thoughts:

Vote to show love.

Follow to support.

Stay tuned for a Kellyoncé book.