Rich Bitch-Preview

"Where you dropped on your head?" Asked the cold uncaring voice of Beatrice Oberlin, as she flipped through the pages of Witches Weekly in the Slytherin common room

"Beatrice, we are sorry, but we just could not get into the Slug club with you." Said Claudia Halbert.

"We? Last I looked you were the one that failed, now what? The old man will see my friends as idiots." Said Beatrice, flipping through the magazine that had been of her own creation.

Claudia sulked away leaving only Beatrice Oberlin and Tom Riddle in the Slytherin common room.

Beatrice a hideously wealthy as well as hideously beautiful. She had light almost platinum blonde hair and dark eyes that contained more colour than most people could dream of.

"Riddle." She addressed. "Does Zabini have a date to Slughorn's dinner?"

She spoke in such a refined manner.

"I didn't think he was your type Ms. Oberlin." Said Tom, unhappily reading through another dead end on his search for power.

"Don't be daft, Riddle, I'm going with Malfoy. It would be practically idiotic to fly below my station." She Said as though talking down to him.

"Then why the inquiry, Oberlin?" Asked Tom, glaring at the witch who he ought not cross for fear of self destruction.

The bitch, I mean witch had the entire school under her thumb. She controlled the news that circulated the student body, and all the teachers adored her for her displays of ambition and talent. She had even amassed a level of blackmail on most significant threats to her power.

Significant threat number one, being Tom Riddle.

"Well, he may not be my type, but I believe he would agree to take Delia to Slughorns dinner. Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Gaunt?" She Asked.

Tom could not wait for the day that he would get to murder her. But for now he needed her to keep her pretty little mouth shut. Not to mention she was one of the only people he did not see as beneath him.

"I'm sure he can be persuaded." Said Tom, glaring openly at the smiling witch.

Her posture was perfect and not a single one of her hairs was out of place. She seemed to revel in his hatred of her. Because Beatrice adored that he cold not do anything about it. She had him by the balls.

"Good, Riddle." She Said, not even sparing him a parting glance before leaving for her private head girl dormitory.

Tom hated her. She made him so envious that he just wanted to punch a wall the muggle way.

Beatrice Oberlin was the richest person Tom had ever met. And she was the family favourite from all accounts. She was set to inherit everything over her brother who had married a muggle.