Negotiation

Muggle AU, Tom Riddle is a killer, and I don't want to use the word gang so we're gonna go with Mafia

Delilah arrived at the crime scene. There was a small crowd, police tents, and sirens blaring around her. She had been called here by her captain. She stepped out of the car and ducked under Police tape to get to Captain Connors who was speaking with a man wearing a bullet proof vest labeled 'the negotiator' it was a hostage situation.

She'd never borne witness to a hostage situation, or even had one in her precinct. Delilah had only been out of uniform for six months. The negotiator spotted her and beckoned her forward.

"Delilah Sparks?" He asked,

"Yes, sir." She replied, her badge on her hip.

"You can't be serious, Connors." Said the negotiator to Captain Connors,

"Sparks is one of our finest. Six months out of uniform and already sky high arrest records." Said Captain Connors, not sparing her a glance, only setting his coffee cup on the table,

"Thank you, sir." Said Delilah, her insides dancing happily at the words of praise from her boss.

"That's no indicator of how she will react in a hostage situation." Said the negotiator, "She doesn't have the training,"

"How many hostages?" Asked Delilah, keeping the excitement from spilling over into her voice,

"Three, but it's not how many it's whose taken them." Said Captain Connors, ignoring the pink in the face negotiator

"Who?" Asked Delilah, her mind racing with possibilities,

"Riddle." Said Captain Connors and Delilah's heart stopped. She had been chasing that man for months, and now he was just inside that building? Her task force was dedicated to rounding up the death eaters and putting them in prison.

When it came to crime the group had pulled off more infractions on the law than Delilah thought possible. Larceny, grand larceny, murder in the first second and third degree, torture, assault, battery, intent to kill, intent to distribute and many others.

Tom Riddle has held a gun to her head and had gotten away because her partner hadn't wanted her to die.

"Don't look so excited, Sparks, he asked specifically for you." Said Connors, "I couldn't tell you why."

"I'll go, I'll do it." Said Delilah, her hair cut shorter now after Riddle had grabbed it before pulling her in to place his gun to her temple. She wanted him put in prison.

He had killed so many members of her team. Only when she wasn't there. If she attended a raid he'd make a point of escaping. It was infuriating. And if her arrest numbers of other criminals weren't so high Delilah was sure she would have been fired before her one year anniversary of being a detective.

"Is he alone in there? Or does he have friends." Asked Delilah as a bullet proof vest was put on her by Mark the equipment guy.

"He's alone, apartment 7." Said Connors and she nodded, "Don't bring any guns. If you approach with hostel intent we believe he will kill the three hostages."

"I understand." Said Delilah,

"Try to be nice, Sparks, I still don't understand why he'd want you." Said the negotiator, ripping the label off his chest and placing it on hers firmly, "Maybe that's why."

"Fuck you."

"At last, my love has come along,"

She could hear the music from the apartment as she approached, her hands were raised,

"I'm unarmed," she said, "Riddle, open the door,"

"My lonely days are over, and life is like a song,"

"It's far more polite to knock." Said his smooth voice from the opposite side of the door, she could hear his footsteps approaching, "But I suppose I could make an exception," he drawled and she heard the lock click open,

"Oh yeah yeah, at last the skies above are blue,"

Her hands were raised still when he opened the door to reveal that he was very dressed up in an all black suit. Not something a person would plan on going to prison in. He looked her up and down. She recoiled in disgust.

"Hello Delilah." He said, stepping aside, "Do come in."

"My heart was wrapped up in clover, the night I looked at you,"

Delilah stepped into the apartment and scanned for the hostages, they were nowhere to be found,

"They are in the other room." Said Tom,

"I'm in, over." Said Delilah to her walkie talkie, and Tom rolled his onyx eyes,

"Do you have eyes on the hostages? Over." Asked Captain Connors through the walkie talkie,

Tom opened the kitchen door to reveal three people bound and gagged, two men and a woman, before shutting it abruptly.

"I've seen them, two men and a woman, all three will need medical attention. Over." Said Delilah, remembering the paleness of their faces.

"I found a dream that I can speak to, a dream that I can call my own,"

"Now that that's out of the way, take a seat Delilah." Said Tom gesturing to a table that was eloquently set placemats and candles. There was even a bouquet of Delilahs in front of one seat.

"What is the meaning of this?" She asked, and he merely walked over to her seat and pulled it out for her.

"Take a seat, Delilah, or the magazine of my gun becomes one bullet lighter." Said Tom, and Delilah quickly sat down in the seat. "Good. Now," he said sitting across from her. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I found a thrill that I can press my cheek to, a thrill that I have never known"

She looked at him incredulously as he poured himself a glass of wine and then offered some to her but she shook her head.

"You cut your hair." He said. "I'm not going to poison you, Delilah."

"Let them go." Said Delilah, but he shook his head a tutted at her.

"Don't ruin the mood, Delilah. Getting them here was a crucial step in getting you here, now I'll ask again would you like some wine?" Asked Tom, his posture perfect,

"No. I don't drink." She said, and he sighed,

"Then I'll just have to find some other way to lower your inhibitions won't I." He said, and Delilah's hazel eyes must have tripled in size.

"Oh yeah yeah, you smiled you smiled, oh  and then the spell was cast"

"What is the meaning of this, Riddle?" She asked, thinking of all the ways this would tarnish her career irreparably, "What do you want in exchange for the hostages?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked, and she could have sworn his eyes darkened to a deeper black, "I want you,"

"And here we are in heaven, For you are mine, at last,"