The return

Jace's POV
I sighed as we landed a day later tiring ass mission, I told Kilo to go with Lera as I headed to Harry's office. Knocking on his door after the security check I walked in "Sir, Lion has friends" he nodded "I saw on the body cam, so Gilles was a turncoat too." He sighed as I nodded "I have a feeling a lot of operators are going to be leaving soon." He looked out the window "the Masks just got a lot more dangerous," I sighed "may I propose something?" He looked over "what is it?" I looked out the window before shifting my focus back onto Harry "Sir, we need to keep a close eye on Lions friends that are still here, we need to move base and we need to start having the operators we know are clear of joining Lion train each other make us all more skilled as the training from each unit is traded" he thought it over before nodding "how does Norway sound?" I nodded "picture perfect sir" he smiled "go relax I'll start getting everything in order to move, I'll need you to keep an eye on the operators" I nodded "your will sir"
I walked down to the infirmary looking for doc "Gustave?! Gustave where are you?" I heard something crash and I ran to the back seeing Gustave on the ground holding a wound looks to be a knife wound as I grabbed his stim pistol and shot him with it. He gasped as I set about doing basic medical treatment as I called Lera "Hey Lera I need you in the Infirmary right now!" A minute later I heard the doors burst open and Lera came running. "What happened?!" I shrugged "I don't know, I'm guessing one of lions pals is here and tried killing Gustave, can you fix him?" She looked at the wound and froze "Lera, Can you fix him?" She shook out of her stupor "Yes.. uh... yes yes I can get me the staple gun, some morphine and a guass patch and my gloves" I nodded as I ran to get the stuff. I heard movement to my right and drew my pistol and moved towards the sound I pulled a curtain back to have Twitch come lunging with a knife barely missing me I grabbed her arm turned 180 degrees and pulled her arm down using my back to lift her and flipped her over my shoulder she hit the ground hard as I stomped on her forearm "Why Emma? Why would you do this?" She tried to stab me again this time forcing me to roll over a bed as I resolved to keep Lera and Gustave safe. "This is your last warning Emma surrender and you'll be treated well" she rushed forward, I lifted my USP I fired 3 rounds 2 to the chest 1 to the head. I crouched next to her body with a sigh "it didn't have to be this way Emma, I never wanted this" I heard Lera yell "Jace? You good?!" I yelled back "Yeah, just had to deal with something" as I grabbed the morphine and Guass before jogging back to Lera. "Here, I got what you needed" she looked at me "what was the shooting about?" I looked down "Emma was the one who attacked gustave" she looked at Gustave "how do know?" I looked at Gus "she attacked me, she's dead over there" Lera sighed "this is quickly becoming a civil war and I don't think we're prepared for it" I sighed "I'm well aware, Harry's making preparations" she looked at me "do you think we can win?" I sighed "yes, I do. I know we're going to" she asked again her voice quivering slightly "how do you know?" I replied with a small smile "because we have to. No point in looking at defeat as an option when it's not." She nodded "we're going to lose a lot of friends" I looked down "yeah, we are. Is doc going to be okay?" She nodded as I replied "bring him to the Russian dorm, I want him somewhere we can protect him. Get maxim on trying to get inside Lions head, we all know how much he loves psychology" she nodded before asking "And you?" I looked at Emma's body "I'm going to talk to Harry, and then get Harry to move the Germans and you guys to my wing along side Maverick. I need the people I trust close enough to react together if we need to" she smirked "you've thought this out" I replied "let's move, you have your pistol right?" as I stood up she confirmed "Yes, I've got it" I said "I'll be at your dorm after I talk with Harry." We split off as I jogged to Harry's office "Boss we've got a problem." He looked at me surprised to see me so soon "what is it?" I looked down "Docs wounded and Twitch is dead" he looked at me inspecting me "what happened?" I sighed "I went to see Gustave, I walked into the infirmary when I heard a crash I called out his name and ran to the crash. I stimmed him and did some basic medical care when I called for Finka, she came and helped stabilize Gus she told me to get her a list of stuff and I set out. I heard movement to my right and pulled my pistol yanking the curtain back, Emma tried to stab me luckily being a CQB specialist she was quickly subdued but she wouldn't quit she just kept trying to kill me so I fired and dropped her" he looked out the window "they're moving fast" I nodded "indeed they are, I need the Russians, Germans, Doc and Maverick moved to my rooms wing, I need the people I trust close enough where we can defend each other and react to threats together as a unit" he thought it over "I'll allow it, you're my eyes and ears here. I'll trust your judgement, but I need a heads up before you take any action" I nodded "yes sir, any word on the new base?" He nodded "we leave in a week, I want a detailed list of people who are safe to being into the fold and those who are dangerous and we need to watch" I smirked "I already have Maxim looking into Lion psychology, and I'll have Timur watching for any shift in behavior" Harry leaned forward "and what of the Germans? Why do you trust them?" I chuckled "I trust them because I've seen how they are when it's just them they're a family and they wouldn't do anything to endanger the others like join a rouge operator of a warpath of terrorism, Elias watches out for his family, He's always ready to attack someone for them, Monika is smart and observant she'll be useful watching for behavior changes, Marius is our pilot he can listen for any chatter on the way back to base and Dominic is good at remembering information from being undercover" he looked at me inspecting me "and what of Maverick?" I smiled "the mans Delta, the best America has to offer. He has the skills to observe and disappear, hell he disappeared from the army for 2 years that's already hard enough to do when you're SF. He's army like me we bonded over that, he has a hatred for lion for killing Grace and he has the drive to go all the way with me to win this war" Harry nodded "a good assessment and spread of skills for your team Wendigo, before you go I've got a question" I cocked my head "yes sir?" He asked "why Wendigo?" I smiled "are you familiar with the myth?" He shook his head No I continued "in the northern tribes, the myth of the Wendigo referred to anyone who only took care of themselves and their wants instead of the whole tribe or someone who consumed human flesh would turn into a Wendigo constantly hungry for more, constantly starving. I took the callsign as a reminder to myself to always take care of the whole and to stick to my morals" he smiled "I knew I made the right choice" I gave a two finger salute "I'm going to go organize the move, I'll give you a heads up on any movement within Rainbow." He replied "good, Have a good day Jace" I turned around before exiting "stay safe Harry"
     I walked to the German Dorm room and knocked Monika opened the door "can I come in? It's important" she nodded and moved out of the way "Is Marius, Dominic and Elias home?" She yelled "Boys come to the living room we have company!" They all came out and stood there as I walked in "well gentlemen and Monika, you're moving" they all seemed confused as Marius spoke up "why would we move?" I looked at him "because you're all part of my team now, Lion and his friends are making moves Emma tried killing Gustave. I need people I can trust by my side you four are part of that team" they nodded as Monika spoke up "what happened to Emma?" I replied "I shot her" Monika looked at me scared "Mon, I tried to talk her out of it. She just kept coming" she sighed I continued "start packing you're moving to the room to the left of my dorm, I'll hand out jobs when I get everyone there clear?" They nodded suddenly a lot more serious "Stay safe all of you. Elias keep an eye on this door okay? We don't know who to trust" he nodded "it'll be done" I smiled as I exited and headed to the Russian Dorm room I walked in "Alright settle down, start packing you're moving all of you. Alex no more drinking, Maxim we're going to stop your CQB classes." Lera looked at me "why are we cutting so much training?" I looked over "We're cutting the training because I don't want to give Lion any information about what we're doing, Maxim I assume you got told what I need you to do?" He nodded as I turned "I need you all to move fast, show me that Spetsnaz strength." As I walked out I heard Shuhrat "we'll be done before you return". To Mavericks dorm as I was arriving I saw Caveira trying to pick the lock, I smiled as I snuck up behind her she spun and almost caught me with the knife. I jumped back "So Taina becoming the Frenchman's dog?" She leaped forward I smacked her arm away before catching her and throwing her to the ground hard. "Tell me Taina, what does he got on you?" She tried to get me in an arm bar that I quickly broke free of. I kicked her wrist causing the knife to go skittering across the floor as I grabbed her and lifted her above my head before dropping her and kicking my knee up to hit her head as she dropped. "Answer me Taina! What does he have on you?!" As she retrieved her knife and I drew my karambit, she looked at me "He's got my brother" I smiled "do you know what he's going to do after you kill Erik?" She looked at me worry began to creep into her eyes "He's going to kill you and your brother" she shook her head "he wouldn't!" I nodded "he would, why would he keep his end of the deal? He's already a terrorist and letting your brother go is just releasing information to the cops" she rushed with a quick jab that I deflected before kilo appeared grabbing Taina's leg dragging her away I whistled kilo released and fell back behind me as Taina got up and I rushed I swiped several directions quickly before she blocked one and I spun a full 180 dragging the back edge of my karambit against her leg cutting her deeply before reversing the spin and kicking the inside of her leg dropping her "You have one chance, tell me what you know about Lions friends in Rainbow or I leave you to the interrogators" she sighed "the ones I know of are Ash, Thermite, Clash, castle, Warden and Blackbeard" I sighed "thank you Taina" as I pulled out my pistol and shot her. Erik opened the door I looked at him "you hear all that?" He nodded I looked over at Taina's body "Grab your M4 we're going hunting" I called Harry "Ash, Thermite, Clash, Castle, Warden and Blackbeard" he surmised "all in lions pocket?" I sighed "yep, Maverick is getting his gun now I'm trying to get as much of a clean house as I can before they realize we're onto them and bug out" he replied "I'll call them to briefing room 1 be ready" I smirked "see you in a bit" Erik walked out "Briefing room 1 let's go" we dragged Caveiras body to a janitors closet and moved to the briefing room as I heard over the PA "Ash, Thermite, Clash, Castle, Warden and Blackbeard to Briefing Room 1" I looked at Maverick and he nodded and we hauled ass. I reloaded my pistol and maverick loaded his m4 and we set up the ambush. Harry walked in I waved and he nodded as he got to the stage as the turncoats entered "hey Harry what's the mission?" He smirked "oh you mean the one to kill Erik? Yes I'm well aware of your allegiances." They all got nervous none of them had weapons as Maverick and I exited our hiding spots and had our weapons up I asked "so Eliza, how do you think your mom will feel getting you in a body bag?" She steeled herself and was about to pounce to attack as I replied "Ah ah ah, caveira tried that and she's dead and she's much better in Hand-to-hand than you" she sat down before smirking "what are you going to do? Just shoot us while we're un-armed?" I smiled "no, I wouldn't dare break Rules of Engagement. Too bad you aren't unarmed miss knife in the boot" as Maverick and I started firing making short work of the turn coats. I turned to Harry "thanks for the assist sir"  he nodded "now please clean this up, I don't need them stinking up my brief rooms" I smiled "yes sir" I turned to maverick "you're moving to either my room to a room next to it so we can work as a unit also thanks for the assist man I couldn't have handle them on my own" as we sling our weapons and set about cleaning up.