1

A/N: quick warning, this is book two, love y'all!
"Adrian are you paying attention?" Nathalie asks, looking up from her clipboard with a raised eyebrow. "Yes Nathalie, I apologize." I say, looking up from my phone hidden under the table. "Enjoy your breakfast." She says but before she can leave I look up and ask, "Did Father give me permission to work on my group project with my friends at Marinette's house?" I ask, hope swelling in my chest. "No," she says and my hope deflates before she turns back around, "He wants you to bring them here to study, that way it won't interfere with your Chinese lessons."

"Really? Thank you Nathalie!" I exclaim and she nods before exiting. As soon as she's out of ear shot I put the phone on the table and look at my friends with a grin. "Did you guys hear that?" I ask quietly as they all look ecstatic. "Sure did bro! This is gonna rock!" Nino exclaims before Alya and Marinette shush him and he apologizes with a laugh.

"What do you think about it Marinette?" Alya asks, wiggling her eyebrows. "I'm glad that Mr. Agreste is allowing us over." She says and I laugh. The truth is, Marinette has seen my room plenty of times. While we usually prefer to stay, "we" actually being me showing up and asking if I can stay at her house, she's been to my room multiple times. We both agree that we like her house better but she pulls a show up act every now and then too.

"Hey Marinette what's that on your wall?" Alya asks, momentarily distracted as she squints and leans closer to the camera. "What?" Marinette asks, looking around. "Under your loft, that little half wall thing." Alya points out and Marinette catches sight of what she's talking about. "Oh that's the origami butterfly I made her." I lie, trying to cover up the fact that there's an akuma that hangs around Marinette nearly 24/7.

When Marinette is happy it usually just tails her, like right now, but whenever she's emotionally conflicted it gets closer and hangs around her, trying to touch her and objects she's holding to akumatize her. No matter how many she purifies, and she usually purifies them pretty quick if she senses that someone else is upset, they always come back shortly after.

If no one around her is in trouble of being akumatized then she lets it follow her around, that way Hawkmoth can't summon a new one when he feels someone having a rough time. She's so brilliant. "What? You didn't tell me you knew origami, you could've helped me make those roses for Valentine's Day!" Nino exclaims and we all laugh. "Sorry Nino, it didn't cross my mind. I haven't done origami in a long time." I say, finishing the last of my breakfast and standing up.

"I've got to go, see you all at school." I say with a smile, shouldering my bag as I hang up to their goodbyes. "Ready to go, Adrian?" Nathalie asks and I nod, feeling a little better after talking to my friends. I think I'll pay a visit to my Princess later tonight.

A/N: Hey guys! I'm not dead and I have my phone! Woo! I'm sorry that this is so short, I'm just trying to set up a good happy setting and make everything all good before we get into the conflict and I can devote more time to this story. I hope you all have a happy holidays and enjoy this early ***culturally diverse holiday*** (for me it's Christmas C:) present!
Buhbye~~

*revisited for editing purposes*