12

A/N: hey guys, we're gonna take a step back here to honor this chapter to @Lovelife11 who has been reading my stories for a long time. Every time I come out with a chapter they are in the comments soon after with funny and insightful comments. They really help me out seeing as they put my stories and chapters into perspectives that I hadn't yet looked at and I really appreciate them for being here and for choosing to read my stories, it really means a lot to me. When i was writing these and publishing them during school hours I would be trying to check my phone every five minutes to see if they had seen my chapter yet and still do honestly lol. So! Dearest Prophet of the comment section, here is a fluffy chapter I've been wanting to write and dedicate to you but haven't been able to think about or have had the time to write but now I am making the time to write it! (And don't worry, it isn't a filler either! I can't stand filler chapters lol). I hope you like it and I'm genuinely happy to be able to call you my friend. 

Marinette sighed in content, she was comfortable to say the least. She usually was around Chat Noir, but this was different. She had a strange day at school, humiliated one of her bullies, learned she may or may not have dated one of her best friends, realized she knew how to make someone feel like she had broken one of their bones. It was a good day, and now it was a good night.

She was sitting on her lounge chair up on her balcony sketching different designs under the light of the fairy lights she had put up years ago. Well, technically she wasn't sitting on the chair, she was sitting in between Chat Noir's legs while he laid on the chair. They were both comfortable in the laid back position, and all too glad to have the blanket he brought covering them.

It was chilly, fall would be coming soon. And with it, something on the horizon she just couldn't place. That wasn't important however as she sketched, her hand controlling the pencil and angling it in ways that seemed to put whole new perspectives on the scenes. She was currently designing a dress, she didn't know the theme but once the thought of it had popped into her head she just couldn't get it out.

Her nimble fingers holding the pencil twisted and prodded and gently scratched away at the paper, bringing her thoughts to life as she zoned out and began to go into a half aware state. She was very much still awake, but everything seemed to move too slowly, however every second passed like water through her fingers, unable to catch it again and seeming far too important once it passed. She didn't have a single thought however as her subconscious took over and she was left to float while Chat braided her hair and her pencil seemed to make new things appear out of thin air. She sketched different designs of pants to go with the dress, hats and coats, different styles of bags.

At one point she drew a set of steampunk goggles and her mind seemed to decide to take that route, so she began to draw different patterns of cogs and screws and old fancy shoes with big hats that looked like pipes and clocks and other oddities were popping out. And then in another corner she drew a mushroom and suddenly she was drawing the dress in a pagan-like folklore style, with plants and flowers embroidered at the bottom and little frogs and bees on the cuffs of the sleeves. A little mushroom hat with a mossy tree stump purse, little fairies could be designed to seem to be living in it. Moths would be sketched here or there, slightly incorporated into both designs.

It was a battle between the two designs, but that wasn't what brought her back from that floating careless state. Instead it was Chat who had fallen asleep once she started drawing the steampunk look. He felt her begin to draw quicker and wrapped his arms around her waist, burrowing his face into the crook of her neck.

He had been very sweet to her and had even been patient enough to take a step back and explain things or repeat himself when she would ask questions about things she couldn't remember or were fuzzy and didn't line up in her head. She'd asked why she felt like she was missing something and he'd told her that not everyone was able to make their way back to her when she left. She was curious as to what that meant but felt that it wasn't her place to ask for him to elaborate.