6

Marinette walked into class the day after the girl had drunkenly harassed her and then scooted. Marinette wished she knew more about her and that she could offer her assistance but she knew she couldn't help those who didn't want help. After all, she figured that out firsthand. Marinette had become lost in thought, absentmindedly watching the akuma in her hand crawl around and over her fingers. It was a curious creature.

Last night after Adrian had left and Marinette had went back into her room from the balcony she had seen it sitting right where she had left it. It just sat there waiting and then fluttered over to her to happily sit on her shoulder, laying close to her as she slept. Tikki slept next to her of course, curled up with her in her warmth, but made damn sure to stay away from the cursed being.

As Marinette sat down at her desk, she didn't notice the atmosphere in the room change from happy and charismatic to still and rigid. Like walking in a meadow and then finding every step to be filled with shards of glass. "Mrs. Boustier, we have a problem!" Alya's voices sounded throughout the still and silent room. "What is the matter Alya?" The beloved teacher asked as she walked in with Adrian who was explaining why he had almost been late due to traffic.

The words stopped dead in his mouth. In a flash he was there, a desk toppled over behind him and Marinette tackled underneath him. "Marinette are you okay?" He exclaimed, dragging her away from the akuma. "Ouch, yeah I'm okay, now can you get off of me?" She asked, holding her head as she tried to sit up. Everyone else noticed the sharpness to her words, including Marinette herself as her eyes began to fill up with an apologizing gaze.

Nothing could reach Adrian however, not one single thing. The akuma had rushed towards Marinette, attempting to land on her cheek, only for the boy to swat at it. "Not my girlfriend you don't!" He growled out and stood up, pulling Marinette behind him. "Wait Adrian- Adrian," Marinette began to protest, standing up and trying to get in front of him, only to be shoved behind him again.

Finally she had had it. She snapped. "Adrian Fucking Agreste give me ten seconds of your precious time and leave the goddamn butterfly alone. You know that it follows me. You know that it lands on me. Has it gotten more comfortable lately? Yes. Do I give a shit? No. If it was going to akumatize me, it would do so now. Now I'm going to need you to go to your seat so that we can start class. Honestly, all this over a damn butterfly."

Her glare was cold and unlike one that any of the other students had seen her sport. It was the glare that Adrian, as Chat Noir, had seen on many occasions before he dated Kagami. "Of course." He said, the simple pair of words sending waves of worry throughout every single person inside the room besides the two.

Marinette flipped her desk back over with ease, the akuma landing on her shoulder gracefully. Marinette looked in her bag and took out a cookie, sneakily placing it in her purse for Tikki. As everyone began to get seated, Principle Damocles walks in. "What was all of that commot- oh dear heavens!" He exclaimed, jumping back and cowering behind the door. "Marinette! Stay very calm and think happy thoughts, I'm sure Ladybug and Chat Noir will handle your little problem." He said quietly, sweat dripping down his neck.

"There isn't a problem sir. As I've just explained to Mr. Agreste," oh Adrian knew he was going to get a lecture later, "the akuma isn't going to akumatize me yet. And as for now, as long as it's with me, then it can't akumatize anyone else." Marinette said calmly, her passive-aggressive comment earning awkward looks throughout the room. "Ah yes, I uh, I see. I'm, I'm afraid I still won't be able to allow you, to allow you on the premises with it however. I'm sure there are many in here, who have, er, attached bad memories with the creatures. So I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Please." The man awkwardly stuttered out, noticing and using his student's uncomfortableness to help rest his case. Marinette simply nodded, stood up and grabbed her things, and turned in her group project before calmly leaving the class.

The akuma had moved to rest in her hair after a breeze had blown her hood down. If they didn't want her in class then fine, she wouldn't be in class. Why couldn't they just understand that she was trying to do good for the city? By keeping the akuma with her, it wouldn't try to akumatize anyone else! She had seen it be proven yesterday! Marinette was pissed.

She couldn't believe her Adrian, her Chat Noir, her knight, had caused such a scene. Whenever she saw him again she was going to shove him in ten pounds of dough and bake him into a pie and feed it to the class. "Princess." The words were sorrowfully whispered from behind her. It was nighttime, how long had she been walking?

"What do you want Chat?" Marinette asked angrily. She didn't care if she had gotten lost in thought and had walked the entire day. She didn't care what would happen when she got home. And she most certainly didn't care to be around the leather clad hero at that particular moment. "I want to make sure you're safe." He answered quietly. He felt horrible about how they had gotten into an argument.

He didn't, however, feel horrible about what he did. He hated that bug, hated it more than he hated Hawkmoth himself. How dare it have the audacity to think it could put his Princess in harms way. "Well I'm making sure that everyone else is safe! It is our job to make sure that the city of Paris is safe, so if that means that I let an akuma follow me around, then so be it! I don't care anymore!" The words had slipped out as she snapped and turned around to face him, taking a step closer every few words until she hit that last sentence and took a step back.

Now she'd done it. Now she'd admitted it. Admitted the one thing she hadn't admitted even to herself. A nervous laugh coursed through her body.

She didn't care anymore.

A/N: Hey this chapter is inspired by @Lovelife11 I hope it turned out alright and guys! I'm doing a Q/A if you didn't see that posted twenty minutes ago cause I'm losing my mind and can't sleep and could barely do anything so yeah. Love y'all, stay safe!
Buhbye~~~~