8

A/N: Hey people's, the Q&A is still on, I'm just waiting for more questions to come in so if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask, and I'm sorry that chapters for this fic are coming out about as fast as molasses running on a gravel road, this is just a really heavy topic for me to describe, but anyways- here's the next chapter. Enjoy.

It had been a week since anyone had seen Marinette. It had been a week since Marinette had felt any emotions. And when they come back it's like somebody snapped their fingers because suddenly, boom, tsunamis of emotions flooded every fiber of her being. Marinette fell to her knees, she didn't know where the fuck she was, she didn't know how she got there (although the pain that consumed her entire lower body and head gave her a very high suspicion that wherever she was, she had walked there), hell, she didn't even know what day it was.

She was sure she had been walking for at least two days, but she was also sure that she had blacked out more than once during those two days worth of memory. She couldn't help it as she felt the rest of her body slump to the ground in exhaustion, her tongue thick and heavy in her mouth, her eyelids threatening to fall and stay closed for centuries, she was nearly a hundred percent sure that if she closed them she would never be able to open them again, they were so heavy.

Looking around with what little strength she had left, Marinette was able to find a sign. The language seemed like some kind of broken French, she was only able to make out some of the words.

It was two days later that she was found and brought back to Paris by the chief of police and one of their best investigators. Adrian and his class had raised up money to put to hiring the best investigator at the police station to find their classmate. He couldn't leave Paris in case of an akuma, but he was the quickest to offer money to find his best friend. When Marinette showed up to class on a Thursday afternoon with heavy and dark bags under her eyes and a sagging demeanor, the whole class deflated. At first they were ecstatic, still were despite the look of their classmate, but the words that fell out of her mouth changed it all.

"Who the hell paid to have me found."

Not a question. A demand. A command given from a soldier of war, to children who had disturbed them. "You were missing Marinette, and we all got really worried." Rose was the first to speak up. Marinette already knew who had formed the initiative to have her found. She didn't even need to ask. Walking up to him, she slipped the envelope onto his desk and sat down next to him, Nino was currently sitting in her place at her desk.

Adrain was petrified. He could see their shape in the envelope, could see them missing from his partner's ears. The ladybug miraculous. Both earrings fell gently into his hand as he opened the envelope. The whole class watched, none of them understanding what it all meant, but each of them feeling the weight of the gesture.

Adrian couldn't do anything else but run to the bathroom and puke. As soon as he came back he threw Marinette over his shoulder and sprinted as fast as he could out of the school and to Master Fu's sanctuary.

He kicked the door open and, with tears in his eyes, said "Talk her out of it." Master Fu looked up from his patient, quietly excused himself and apologized for the interruption and promised the man that he could come back tomorrow before welcoming the two teens into his parlor. He sat them both down with a cup of tea.

Neither of them touched the liquids.

"Marinette, I am glad to see that you were found. You had us all quite worried you know." He said quietly in a calm voice with a small smile. Marinette nodded. She looked pale and frail and malnourished, like even after how far she's come, she still couldn't remember to eat most days. Which was fairly true, she had tried to get better, even with all the reminders from her friends and family, and when she had that puppy for a few months after the last book but then ended up giving it to Minon because she was too busy with school and being a superhero to be able to take care of them (that was last book, right?). She looked exhausted and like if anyone were to touch her, she would shatter.

"Master Fu, I return the ladybug miraculous to you." She says with a steely voice, placing the earrings in front of him. Adrian had no idea how she had gotten them back from him, but she did. There was also another noticeable thing, the akuma was gone. "I see. May I ask why?" Was all Master Fu could push out of his rambling mind. He was shocked. Marinette always saw anything through, she had been one of the best holders of the miraculous. He had even hoped to retire and give her the job of guarding the miraculouses.

"My reasons aren't my own." Was all she said through pursed lips. Marinette only felt hatred and shame coursing through her. She was running on maybe two and a half days of exhaustion induced sleep and then another half a day of hospital medication induced sleep. She didn't feel numb at the moment, she felt insane. Every single emotion rushed through her very being, joy at being home, horror at the fact that she had made her way across the Belgium and France border, embarrassment for losing control, shame for telling Adrian that she wasn't okay before ducking out of the country.

She couldn't process anything. She couldn't remember when she took her earrings off, she couldn't remember where the akuma had gone, hell, she couldn't even remember certain details about herself. The doctors told her she had a concussions, and that it would be reasonable for her to forget stuff. So she repeated what she knew in order to stabilize herself

My name is Marinette.
I used to be Ladybug.
I am nineteen years old.
I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶o̶k̶a̶y̶

The doctors told her to add that last one. They also told her to add more, things like her being loved or having friends. They asked Marinette if she was a liar. Marinette asked if it counts if she lies to herself. They said yes.

My name is Marinette.
I used to be Ladybug.
I am nineteen years old.
I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶o̶k̶a̶y̶.
I am a liar.

Marinette didn't know when she walked out of Master Fu's sanctuary. What she did know, however, was that she was home with her head in her mother's lap and her Father sitting next to her. They were speaking in hushed voices. "What should we do Sabine, we can't afford therapy." Tom whispered quietly, thick and heavy tears were streaming down his face.

They had seen the empty look in Marinette's eyes when the Agreste boy had brought her back to her home. He had explained that when Marinette showed up to class he had taken her to a mutual friend of theirs who had helped a lot towards finding her and he couldn't wait till the end of the school day for them to see her again. As soon as she had sat down on the couch, she was out like a light. Sabine's small fingers brushed through her daughter's hair as gently as possible.

"I know Tom, I know. We'll find a way to get through this. Our girl is strong." Was all the small woman said. She had noticed that Marinette wasn't wearing her earrings. She had noticed the lack of Ladybug. All she wanted was for her daughter to be safe and happy. So of course the main question on her mind was, "Why aren't you out there beating up some bad guy?"

Marinette was tired, and while she enjoyed her mother's touch, all she really wanted was a certain leather cat's touch. She didn't know how long it had been since his last visit, but she did know that he visited her. She met him during an akuma attack. He had saved her a bunch. She knew that they were together, just like she knew that Adrian Agreste was her best friend.

My name is Marinette.

I̸̞̩̔̽̽̒̀̅̀͗͛͒͝͝͠͠ ̵̨̞̝͇̥̘͈̙̫͂͂̓ų̵̰͎̜̜̲͖͖̫̦͚̗̞́͌̂̄̀̋̆̕͜͝͝ͅs̷̜̪͈̊̐̿͘ẻ̸̢̧̡̖̺̳̞́͐̔́͗̃̀̃͝d̵̨̛̺̽͗̔̀͑ ̵͚̲̠̯̩̓͗̃͜ͅţ̷͎͙̼̖̱̙̠̰͉͕̭́̅̒̅̓̐̓̓͒͌͝ơ̶̧̨͙̮͉͎̝͚̹̘͍͚̺̒̋̎̓͌̇͒͐ ̶̳̪͙͓̖̭̠̱̳̻̑̐̍̽͠b̶̡̧̛͇͚͖̦̮̙̲̼̘̲̝̳̯̊̈̐̅̉̐͑͂̚ę̴͖͚͉̍̏̇̇̈́̍͛̋̕͘͝͝ ̵̙͇̥̻̈̇̒̃̽̓̀̉̔̾̉͝L̶̮̥̳̮͈̙͊̓̉̋̑͋̈́͆́̓̐̈́̌a̸̢͍͖̯̯͖͚̮̻̳̞̩͙̮̦͛̍̒͌̽̚d̴̢̡͉̤̞̠̃̔̿̊̐̄̑͐͐̊̽͆͝ͅͅy̶̧̥͔͎̗̞͔̩͌̃ͅb̷̡̰͕͛̐͘ͅu̶̦͉̘̦̻̝̔̍͊̅̌̀͛̆̀͛̇̄̚͝͝ģ̷͙͋̑͋̈́̾͂̔͋͋̆̎̾͛̚͝.̴̧̢̪̜͎̜͉͙̫̝͇̘͊́͘͝ͅ

I am nineteen years old.
I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶o̶k̶a̶y̶.
I am a liar.
Chat Noir loves me. He will visit very soon.

She hopes that he'll visit tonight and tell her what she doesn't remember.

Chat Noir loves me. He will visit very soon.