Merry Christmas

Hello birdies! Merry Christmas to all of you! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, I wish you a nice day/night!

The mask's POV:

I was a little bit worried. I had the feeling, like we wouldn't make it to escape. I was also worried about the doctor. He was so serious..
When we first met, I already felt his seriousness. The atmosphere back then was odd. I felt like I couldn't breath anymore. I held on my breath, that's all I know. And as i can remember, the doctor didn't give any sign of interest.. How rude this was.
I noticed where he was looking at all the time. His blue eyes wandered through the room. I guess he was just taking the time, to explore the room with his eyes. And now? I can't remember him being this quiet. As we lived in Italy for awhile, he was always telling me something new. About his day, stories, new stuff he found out. The time back there was incredibly beautiful. Amazing..! But now? I was not sure if he just pretended to be like this. What if we would escape and only he would make it out of this hellhole. And what if he wouldn't return back to me? Those negative thoughts made me loosing my mind. I haven't even noticed, that I was sweating. Oh how great, now the Mr.Doctor will take his knowledge out! And that was exactly like i thought it would end up!

"Uhm..- Darling? Are you alright? You seem to have a fever."

I was full of anger and madness. And why that? Oh yes. Just because of those stupid thoughts.
"No- I'm fine! Alright? I'm doing great." I hissed and continued on walking. I didn't even care if had hurt him in any way. I was too mad.
"Now what was that for? I tried to help!"
"I'm fine! I've told you that I am! So where's the problem?" I visibly began to argue.
"Just talk to me. What is it all about? I see you're not fine. Hasn't to be any sign of sickness. But if, then just tell me why. I'm a doctor, and it's my-"
By that, I was already gone. I walked into the darkness without listening to him, while he was staring at the ground.
I for some reason, didn't felt guilty.

"Dear?! Where are you?"
I heard him yelling.

The Doctor's POV:
After I mentioned the behavior of my lover, he seemed to be very sensitive in that moment. I tried to take things slow. But I guess he didn't want to listen in any way. Something bothered him, but what was it? And then, as I realized he wasn't there, I began to panic. I walked fast, so I could catch up with him. And there he was. He was just about to open a door, when I took him by his shoulder and turned him to face me.
I glanced down at him.

"Please don't do that again! I'm worried about you. I can't apologize if you won't tell me the reason why you're behaving like this."

"..I just had thoughts."
"What were they all about?"
"I just have a bad feeling! I don't want to loose you..! And i can't tell if you feel the same. You're so serious. I sometimes feel, like it's my fault. I don't know if you want to leave with me. Is that what you wanted to hear?"
Those words had hit me. I felt terrible. I felt my stomach slowly twisting, my pupils getting bigger, and my heart pounding fast.
"M-My dear..- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..- If there is anything I could do-"

"Just tell me what you really feel. What do you feel, while you're escaping?"

I tried to calm down. "Dear, I don't want to loose you. And if you want to go, you can. I'm not stopping you. It would hurt me, but it's your choice. Everything, is your choice. If you don't want to leave, I will stay with you."

"..I'm sorry for thinking this way."
I pulled him into a hug. My head was resting on his host's head. I felt his soft palms, wrapped around my back.
"I don't want you to forget, why I'm here with you. I love you, my dear."
It felt hard for me to spell those words out. I'm not the type for this.. I can't say that. But I have to force myself. Even if I do feel this way, I just can't. Funny to hear that from a doctor.

"I hope so..- I love you too.."
His voice was soft.., but I could hear out how he was about to cry. I felt horrible. I blamed it all on me.. Like a parent would blame everything on themselves.
———————————————-

Hello again, sorry, this chapter is really short..
Here's the reason why: My birthday is tomorrow and I have to get ready for it! Sorry that this week was hard to write anything. I'm really sorry, but I hope you like this chapter, I'll try to write anything after my birthday! I love you guys! Thanks for 7K readers, again!