Chapter One

A/N: Hey there! I thought I would write a Jori zombie apocalypse fic, so that's what I'm doing. Any and all mistakes are mine. Enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Victorious or any of its characters.

***

Jade knows she's in bad shape. She's limping down the empty, abandoned car filled highway. She cursed herself for losing focus and getting ambushed and stabbed by a scavenger. She adjusts the backpack on her back, pulling on the straps. There is barely anything in her backpack; an empty water bottle and a half of a granola bar. The only other item Jade has is a small handgun that she holds in her hand, one shot remaining. Jade told herself that no matter what, she would always save one bullet in case she were to get cornered by biters.

So, when Jade hears a car not too far in the distance, coming her way, she tightens her hand around her gun, her knuckles turning white. The car catches up to Jade in a matter of seconds, and she glances at the vehicle, noticing it's a pickup truck. The truck slows to a stop next to Jade, and she prepares for the worst. The passenger window rolls down, revealing a brunette girl. Jade looks past her and sees a black boy with short dreads.

"Hey there," The girl says, a small smile on her face. "We noticed you and saw that you're alone and wanted to offer help." The girl rests her arm on the side of the car where the window was previously rolled up. "We can help you; we have a safe place not too far from here, you can hop in the bed of the truck and we'll take you there."

Jade stares at the girl, not expecting the niceness. "I...uh," Jade says. Jade looks around, taking note of the still empty road. Knowing her luck, it wouldn't stay empty for long. "I've been in a few bad camps before," Jade says, "How do I know your camp is different"

The girl looks at the boy next to her and then back at Jade, "I guess that's a chance you'll just have to take."

"We need to hurry this up, dinner tonight is beef stew and I am not missing beef stew night!" The boy says.

"Look," The girl says, "We can fix your leg up and you can be on your way if that's what you want, but we need to get going."

"As long as that's not a bite!" The boy says.

"It's not a bite," Jade says, "I swear!"

The girl looks at the boy again, then back to Jade, "Get in."

Jade nods and climbs into the bed of the truck. She sits with her back against the part that separates the front of the truck and the bed of the truck. She puts her gun in her backpack, and sets the bag down next to her.

The window between the front of the truck and the bed of the truck opens, "You ready?" The girl asks. Jade nods. "Okay, let's get going," The girl says to the boy. The girl looks back at Jade. "I'm Tori, by the way. And this is Andre."

"Jade."

"We're glad to have you with us," Tori says, giving Jade a small smile.

Jade returns the small smile.

***

The truck slowly comes to a stop as they reach a giant gate. "Truck 13 is back at the gate," Andre says into a walkie talkie. The gate opens a few seconds later, and Andre drives the truck into the compound, the gate closing behind them. Andre slowly drives through the area, making her way through the base. Jade tries to shrink down in the bed of the truck, trying to dodge the questioning eyes that land on her from around the area. Andre pulls the truck up to a garage, waiting for it to open before pulling the truck in.