Chapter Seven

A/N: Hey there! Here's chapter seven. I apologize for the late post, it's been a long day and I just got home. Any and all mistakes are mine. Enjoy.

Follow me on Tumblr: @JadeAndToriAreMyLife

Check out my other stories!

***

"The girl, her name is Tori. She may not seem like it, but she's very strong. The boy, his name is Andre. He's sweet on the inside and tough on the outside." Jade runs a hand through her hair. "Did you grab my backpack?"

"Yes. I have it ready to go."

"Good," Jade sighs. "I appreciate everything you're doing."

"You care about her," Blake says.

Jade nods, "Yeah, I do."

Blake looks at Jade's weapons. She moves her hands forward, holding Jade's weapons out to Jade. "Take these."

"What?" Jade looks at Blake.

"No one is on watch right now," Blake runs a hand through her hair. "They're all waiting for the show." Blake sighs. "If you go now, you can get your friends out of here."

"No," Jade says, catching on, "Definitely not."

Seeing as Jade isn't going to take her weapons, Blake slides them into Jade's holsters. "This isn't up for discussion."

"Blake." Jade looks at the walkie talkie hooked to Blakes pants.

Blake grabs her walkie talkie, "Yes?"

"We're ready out here," Adley says. "Is Jade ready?"

Blake looks up at Jade, looking into her eyes. "Yes."

"Send her out."

Blake shoves the walkie talkie into Jade's hands. "Go get your girl." Blake turns to make her way into the fenced in area.

Jade grabs Blakes shoulder, turning her around. "No. You're not taking my place. You said you've been looking to get out of here for a year, here's your chance."

"They're your friends," Blake says. "It would be hard for me to fit in with them."
Jade shakes her head, "I've known them for about a week. The entire community took me in with open arms." Jade sighs, "I can't let you do this for me."

"You're just a kid," Blake says.

"So are you!" Jade exclaims. "I'm not letting you take my place." Jade hands the walkie talkie back to Blake before emptying her holsters and handing Blake her weapons. "Anyway, I might make it out alive..." Jade trails off, knowing it isn't likely.

"Jade, this isn't a real orientation. Adley made this up to kill you without raising suspicion."
"I know," Jade nods.

"Blake, what's the holdup?" Adley's voice projects through the walkie talkie.

"She's putting up a fight," Blake lies.

"Do you need backup?" Adley asks.

"No," Blake says, "I've got it handled."

"Hurry it up."

Blake looks at Jade, "Are you sure."

"Yes," Jade wipes her sweaty hands on her jeans. "Take care of them, make sure they get to the community in one piece. Tell Tori," Jade pauses, swallowing the lump in her throat. "That I love her."

Blake nods. "I'll be in the stands. As soon as it's over, I'm running to post three to get your friends and book it out of here."

"You should do it now," Jade says. "You don't want to chance running into someone later."