Chapter Eight

A/N: Hey there! Here's chapter eight! Sorry for not uploading yesterday, I was out all day. Any and all mistakes are mine. Enjoy.

***

Jade, Tori, and Andre take in their surroundings. Scavengers and bitters are scattered around the area; the scavengers fighting off the biters.

"We're so close!" Jade says, "We just need to make a break for it!"

"It feels like it's been forever since I've been outside," Andre says, taking a deep breath.

"Celebrate later," Tori says, "We need to make it out alive first!"

Jade looks around, looking for the best path to take. Her eyes land on the gate leading towards the fenced in area. "Can you guys climb a fence?" Jade asks.

"Yeah," Andre says.

"Yup," Tori says.

"Perfect, follow me!" Jade says. Jade takes off running, her knife tightly wrapped in her hand. Tori and Andre follow Jade. Jade runs through the open gate. She waits for Tori and Andre to run through before shutting the gate, pulling the lock down.

"Stay alert," Jade says, "This is where the biters came from." Jade moves forward, leading Tori and Andre into the fenced in area. Jade notices it's empty, not biters are left. "I think we're safe," Jade says, breaking into a run, as do Tori and Andre, "But still be cautious."

Jade, Tori, and Andre are almost to the opposite side of the fenced in area when a bullet wizzes past Jade's ear. Jade turns around, seeing Adley.

Adley smirks at Jade, "Where do you think you're going?"

"We're leaving!" Jade says, "I'm done playing this stupid game of yours!

"Oh, I don't think you are!" Adley surges forward and grabs Tori. Adley turns Tori so she's facing away from Adley. Adley moves her arms around Tori's neck, holding her in place. Adley shoves the barrel of her gun to Tori's temple.

"Let her go!" Jade demands.

Adley smirks, "I don't think so."

Andre raises his gun at Adley. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," Adley warns. "I do have a gun pressed to your friend's head."

Andre lowers his gun.

"That's what I thought." Adley looks back at Jade. "I knew you were up to something. And I knew someone was working with you. You were supposed to die in that biter hoard!"

"I outsmarted you," Jade says.

Adley smirks, "Did you? You'd be gone by now if you did." Jade clenches her jaw. "Who was it? Who was the mole in my operation?" Jade doesn't answer. "Don't test me, I will put a bullet in her head!"

"It was Blake!" Jade screams, "Are you happy?"

"It makes sense," Adley says, "She was the one I always sent to spy on you. She always said you were doing the right thing. I was always suspicious of you." Adley looks at Jade. "I'm surprised you let me brand you, I didn't think you would let that actually happen."

"I had to blend in," Jade says, "I had to act the part!"

Adley laughs, "And it was all for nothing because you're all going to die."

Andre raises his gun at Adley again, "Let her go!"

Adley rolls her eyes and points her gun at Andre. Jade pulls her gun from her holster and points it at Adley. While Adley has her gun pointed at Andre, ready to shoot him, Jade aims at Adley carefully, not wanting to shoot Tori. Adley pulls the trigger of her gun, a bullet whizzing at Andre. Jade aims her gun at Adley's leg and pulls the trigger. Jade looks over at Andre, seeing him grip his shoulder. Jade looks back over at Adley, seeing her on the ground. Tori quickly backs away from Adley.