Chapter Five

A/N: Hey there!  Here's chapter five!  Things are starting to get intense.  Any and all mistakes are mine.  Enjoy.

***

Jade sits in a chair, not tied up this time. There's a desk in front of her, another chair on the other side of the desk, still empty. Jade turns her head, looking over her shoulder. She sees a man holding a gun, he's staring at Jade.

"Hey," Jade says, looking at the man, "Do you know how much longer this is going to be?"

"Why?" The man asks, "You got plans?"

"Yes, I do," Jade says, "I heard there's a party going on. I want to make it."

The man ignores Jade, continuing to stare at her, so she turns back around. Jade runs a hand down her face. The woman brought Jade to this run and then instantly turn around and left after telling Jade to sit. The door opens and closes. Someone comes to the side of the desk, making their way to the chair and Jade looks up, seeing the woman. The woman sits down in the chair and looks at Jade. The woman clasps her hands together and puts them on the desk.

"Sorry it took me so long to get here," The woman says, pulling her chair closer to the desk, "I had...something to take care of."

"What do you want?" Jade asks, "I'm sick of this game your playing."

The woman unclasps her hands and opens one of the drawers of the desk. She rummages through the drawer before pulling it out and putting it on the desk. "I want you to join my crew."

Jade stares at the gun, instantly noticing it's her gun, "You want me to join your crew?"

The woman nods, "That is what I said." The woman looks at Jade, "Think about it, you'll get benefits. We have food, beds, plenty of weapons, hot water. We have everything that we need to survive."

Jade's head snaps up to the woman, "You have hot water?"

The woman smiles, "Yes, it's very nice for a shower."

Jade would love a shower, a hot one nonetheless. "What's the catch?" Jade asks.

"Nothing," The woman says with a shake of her head, "You become a part of my crew and you get all of the benefits. You'll start off as a guard around the compound. Mostly just because of your injuries."

"The injuries that you caused," Jade points out.

"Yes, but you'll be fine," The woman says, "You're strong." The woman pushes the gun towards Jade, "What do you say?"

Jade looks at the gun and then back up at the woman. "I'm in," Jade says.
The woman smiles, "Great, go ahead and take the gun."

Jade takes her gun and puts it in the holster.

"Now," The woman stands up, "I'll take you to your sleeping quarters." Jade stands up and follows the woman out of the room. The woman leads them through the halls.

"So," The woman says, "What's your name?"

Jade looks over at the woman, "Jade."

"Nice to officialy meet you, Jade," The woman says, "I'm Adley." Adley pushes a door open and Jade follows her in. They step into a small room. The room is filled with a small bed, a small desk, and a bookshelf. "That door," Adley points to a door, "Leads to the bathroom, your bathroom. Everything here is yours, no one else will use it. Your door locks, feel free to lock it whenever you want."

Jade looks around, it's not a bad place, it's pretty cozy. "It's nice," Jade says.

"Why don't you go ahead and clean yourself up?" Adley says, "Take a nice hot shower and get dressed in the clothes that are in the closet there," Adley points, "And then meet me back in my office."