Chapter Six

A/N: Hey there! Here's chapter six! Any and all mistakes are mine. Enjoy.

Follow me on Tumblr: @JadeAndToriAreMyLife

Check out my other stories!

I'm a little burnt out from writing fanfic all the time and also from school and work. That means I will only be uploading this story for a while. Sorry for those of you who read my other stories.

***

"Sorry for pointing a gun at you," Cat apologizes as Beck locks the gate, "Beck made me do it!"

"It's fine," Jade says.

"Are you okay?" Robbie asks.

"I'm fine," Jade says, "I just need to talk to Beck, alone."

Beck turns towards Jade, "Let's go."

Beck leads Jade to his house. They walk into his house and he closes the door behind them. Beck moves to the couch and sits down. Jade sits down next to him.

"Before you start," Beck says, "Do you know where Tori and Andre are? They went out for a supply run a few days ago, and they haven't returned."

Jade shakes her head, "No. I'm sorry they went missing."

Beck sighs, "So, what do you need help with?"

Jade clasps her hands together and looks over at Beck. "I have a few questions about your community."

Beeck gives Jade a questioning look, "Why?"

Jade's eyes widen, not knowing what to say. "Uhm, I was thinking of starting a newspaper," Jade says. "I want to try to make life feel as normal as possible. I think a newspaper would help." Jade high fives herself in her head for coming up with the excuse.

Beck nods, "I think that's a good idea."

"So, you won't mind answering some questions?" Jade asks.

"Nope, go for it."

"Do you have a pen and a piece of paper?" Jade asks, "Just so I remember your answers."

Back stands up, "I should have those around her somewhere." Beck moves to a bookshelf and pulls out a notebook. He then moves to his kitchen table and picks up a pen. He returns to the couch, sitting down. He hands the notebook and the pen to Jade.

"Thanks," Jade says, opening the notebook and clicking the pen. Jade quickly scribbles something on the paper. She slides the notebook over to Beck, who picks it up. Beck reads what Jade wrote down. He looks up at Jade with wide eyes, nodding. He slides the notebook back to Jade.

"So," Jade says. "How many people do you have in this community?"

Beck leans back, "There's about twenty of us."

Jade writes the answer down in the notebook on a fresh sheet of paper, knowing she'll need to show it to Adley. "Do you guys have a lot of weapons?" 

"We don't have a significant amount, but we manage," Beck says.

Jade writes the answer down. "Do you only have one entrance to the community?"

"Yes, just the front gate."

Jade writes the answer down. "One last question, do you always have someone on watch?"

"Yes," Beck says, "We can't take any chances."

Jade writes the answer down, one final time. "Thank you, Beck."