Sudden Departure

"You are everything the world ever needed..."
"I saw an angel... I really saw an angel..."
"Dana, you're undeniably beautiful..."
"Look at her, she's a star!..."
The alarm beeped, making me quickly open my tired eyes. I shut off the annoying thing and went back to sleep maybe for five minutes or so.

My younger sister, Elise, went in my room terrorising my five minute snooze. "RIIISE AND SHIIINE, DANA BANANA!" She opened the curtains making the bright sunrays enter my room. The light morning snow making faint shadows in the room as they fall outside.

"I. Hate. You." I hissed to her.
I rolled to my side and lazily opened one eye, still adjusting to the bright light. "But you actually did sound like a rip-off of Kylie Jenner. Congrats on becoming a meme."

"Why thank you very much, madam." Elise mocked a royal bow in her pajamas.

"Where are mom and dad? Donny's been waiting for mom all week." I asked her.

She hopped on to my bed and told me, "They're preparing for a "business trip" to the Philippines. That's what mom told me last night."

"Didn't they already travel to India last week? I can't believe they're leaving us this Christmas break!" I exclaimed.

"Well, we better run downstairs and hug them 'till they decide to stay." She joked.

I laughed and said, "Yeah right, like hugs and kisses can persuade them to do something. Let's just go."
We went down to say goodbye to our parents.

Walking down the stairs, I could already see a three year old Donny in my mother's arms and my father talking to the little guy in the living area. I said my good mornings to them and tried to hug them, but my mother quickly approached to talk to me as they were leaving in a few.

"I'm sorry for such a short notice Dani baby." She warmly told me.

"Ugh, I'm not your baby anymore mom. I'm seventeen years old." I told her.

"Not legal yet. You don't even have a proper job, rather you sing at the subway which--by the way-- is quite dangerous. You should stop these shenanigans." She reminded me. I smiled and rolled my eyes to show her she's right. But I hate her for telling me all that.
"We'll be going to the Philippines for a few days. I want you to look after your siblings for us, please."

"Okay mom." I rolled my eyes.

"Kids, breakfast is ready at the dining area. The maid is waiting for you. Eat now." My siblings followed what my mom said and went to the dining area. Leaving me and my parents alone in the living room.

"Dani, look what we got you." My dad took out a small rectangular box from his coat pocket.

"O-oh. Thank you dad." I sheepishly said. I opened the small box and there laid a tiny gold bracelet with a cutely designed heart with Dana engraved to it.
"Oh my gosh. Thank you very much!" I hugged my dad.

"That's twenty four carat, missy." My dad truthfully joked.

"I'll miss you... both of you." I told them.
"Why do you have to leave?"

"Your father and I have some really important stuff to... Settle." My mom answered.

"Oh. Will you look at the time, Amanda. We better get going, the plane leaves in an hour." My dad said.

As my parents were picking up their smaller baggage my mom told me, "Oh, Dana. Darling. Baby, word of advice. Don't pursue that music career of yours. It's... A dead end. No future. You got me?"

I nodded my head. I was silent. My parents were a hundred percent against me playing music. They always reminded me that music can't make me a rich person. I just couldn't wrap my head as to why they could not support me at least in any way. I bought my own guitar, heck I even write songs.

My parents quickly left the front door, entering a dark limousine. The vehicle made a trail on the white snow as it backed up and made its journey to the airport.